What Liberals Don’t Understand

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Liberals love to fantasize about confiscating every gun in America. It may be their most beautiful dream. Liberals get control of the Supreme Court and ignore the Second Amendment; Washington makes gun ownership illegal; almost all the guns come pouring in or are destroyed; a few hapless Jim Bobs who won’t get in line get shot up by the cops and then the government is free to do anything it wants and if people don’t like it, well, what are they going to do about it without guns?

Let me suggest a less happy, but probably more accurate version of how an attempt at gun confiscation would likely go. Liberals get control of the Supreme Court and ignore the Second Amendment followed by Washington making gun ownership illegal. So far, so good, right? Then the vast majority of police departments across the country refuse to do more than accept weapons that are turned in and, of course, very few citizens actually hand over their weapons. At this point, D.C. would have no choice other than to accept that gun confiscation is impossible, which would be the most likely outcome.

Or, alternately, D.C. could hire goon squads in local communities to go house to house to confiscate weapons. Yes, people would be killed in conflicts with the police and goon squads that come to take their guns. Liberals would cheer. They would not be cheering when police chiefs, officers, and goon squad members who carry out these orders are assassinated at their homes by armed people from their own communities.

What Liberals Don’t Understand: A Serious Attempt at Gun Confiscation Could Lead to Civil War

:oldman:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Fixed: What Liberals Don’t Understand: A Serious Attempt at Gun Confiscation Would Lead to Civil War

glhs837

Power with Control
Years back when I was a member of one of the largest police forums, I followed a thread on this with interest. No LEOs allowed to participate in such discussions, but you could read them. On the topic of given orders to conduct firearm confiscation without the legal overturning of the Second Amendment, I would say the "I'll follow my orders in such a situation no matter what" was pretty outnumbered by the officers who would NOT follow such a command, with a much smaller number saying they might take direct action to assist citizens facing confiscation. And of course, the military both State and Federal would most likely break down along the same lines. Virtually every militry memeber is well aware that the oath is sequential in precedence. And you swear to defend the Constitution, not Washington D.C.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...... I would say the "I'll follow my orders in such a situation no matter what" was pretty outnumbered by the officers who would NOT follow such a command ...

IMHO It really depends on how the 'holdouts' are portrayed in the Media ... if they look like a bunch of Branch Davidian's People will :shrug: and :yahoo: if any get gunned down

but yeah a certain % of 'officers' will gladly kick in doors and shoot people ... they can put on all that tacti-cool gear and show who is boss

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm pretty much convinced that the Left wants civil war. Not the rank and file average dummies, but the politicians and their instigators. I can't think of any other reason why they would be so war-like with their language and attacks against our democracy.

But you know what? When you own the media, you own the People. Our human condition makes us easily led and susceptible to manipulation, especially by someone who has been set up as an "authority". We're dumb, and we know we're dumb, so we follow and parrot someone who has been advertised as "not dumb".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm pretty much convinced that the Left wants civil war.

If one follows the actions of Anti-FA, Anarchist that protest the G-8 / 11 / [whatever] rioting and burning

I can't think of any other reason why they would be so war-like with their language and attacks against our democracy.

like calling the opposition - Racists, Nazis, Homophobes ...
you don't have to justify your actions 'those' are bad people we need to do away with or at least strip away their right to vote

glhs837

Power with Control
IMHO It really depends on how the 'holdouts' are portrayed in the Media ... if they look like a bunch of Branch Davidian's People will :shrug: and :yahoo: if any get gunned down

but yeah a certain % of 'officers' will gladly kick in doors and shoot people ... they can put on all that tacti-cool gear and show who is boss

Luckily for us, most officers are conservative folks and are not media types of folks.