If We Banned AR-15s, Would You REALLY Feel Your Second Amendment Rights Were Eroded?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
We don’t limit our rights based on what we feel like exercising that day. If I couldn’t listen to John Kasich, my life would probably improve markedly — but my First Amendment rights and his would still be violated. Rights are rights whether we choose to exercise them or not.

Kasich’s version of rights, however, boils down to “stuff you want to do.” Well, what if I want an AR-15? In fact, I would feel that my Second Amendment rights have been eroded if I’m unable to purchase the most common rifle in the United States. And your answer to this question is going to depend strongly on your answer to another question: do you think the government should have a monopoly on guns? If you think the answer is yes, you won’t feel that your Second Amendment rights have been violated even by a total gun confiscation regime.

The word “feel” needs to be excised from our dictionary of political conversation. If it isn’t, our rights simply become communal whims.

Kasich: If We Banned AR-15s, Would You REALLY Feel Your Second Amendment Rights Were Eroded?

Kasich must be Sappy's Twin ...

limblips

PREMO Member
Banning the AR is a gateway to all semi-auto weapons. The antis are ill-informed on what an AR is (assault rifle versus semi-automatic weapon) and react to the media and memes without knowing or investigating the facts. So yes, I feel banning the AR would accelerate the erosion of my 2nd amendment rights.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
... So yes, I feel banning the AR would accelerate the erosion of my 2nd amendment rights.

Sappy will be along to tell you, you are selfish, and should give your right to 'weekend shooting' you assault rifle for the Betterment of Society

black dog

Free America
80+ firearms have been banned by the state of Maryland, including most models of the AR except the HB model. Do you all feel your 2nd Amendment rights have already been stomped on?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
80+ firearms have been banned by the state of Maryland, including most models of the AR except the HB model. Do you all feel your 2nd Amendment rights have already been stomped on?

Yep. Maryland is one of the worst in that regard.

transporter

Yep. Maryland is one of the worst in that regard.

And yet a few days ago, you posted that no gun laws had impacted any of the guns you own or want to own.

So which is it, Ivy League Lite?

Have gun laws trampled your 2a rights or have gun laws had no impact on you?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I give no craps about AR-15s in particular and neither should anyone else. They're latching onto it because it was the gun used most recently and they can dig at the emotions they've told you you must feel or else you're a heartless monster.

If you want to be a tard who is led around by manipulation and manufactured emotion by activists for political purposes, be my guest. But don't infringe on me because of your weakness and inability to think rationally.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Absolutely

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And yet a few days ago, you posted that no gun laws had impacted any of the guns you own or want to own.

So which is it, Ivy League Lite?

Have gun laws trampled your 2a rights or have gun laws had no impact on you?
just because his favorite rifle isn’t on your list yet doesn’t mean he agrees with your prohibitionists.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I give no craps about AR-15s in particular and neither should anyone else. They're latching onto it because it was the gun used most recently and they can dig at the emotions they've told you you must feel or else you're a heartless monster.
divide and conquer

Hijinx

Every gun law the gun banners pass is incrementally an attack on my 2nd. Amendment rights.
It does not mean that I disagree with some of the bills they pass, but the intention of the gun banners is to pass bill after bill until guns are banned.
It's the death of a thousand cuts.

BY fighting this we will not stop it.But we can put it off for a long time.
The gun banners will find ways around, they will bani ammunition, they will tighten the restrictions on background checks, their efforts never stop.
Magazines, clips, the shape of the weapon the amount of ammunition it holds.

Every bill passed is one more attack on the 2nd. Amendment. Fight every one.