Baltimore....USA’s most dangerous city.....

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
http://www.wbal.com/article/295422/2/usa-today-names-baltimore-nations-most-dangerous-city

Baltimore's 55.8 murders per 100,000 people set its own record and led the nation by more than 15 in that category last year.

A national decrease in killings in 2017 was helped by decreases in large cities such as Houston and Chicago. Also, New York City reported its lowest per capita murder rate in almost 70 years.

Chicago's murder total fell from over 750 to 650 in 2017.

Baltimore's 343 total was an increase of 25 from 2016.

In light of recent corruption convictions, some have called for more transparency of Baltimore police personnel files.

Baltimore's population approached a 100-year low last year.

The FBI will publish its full crime report later in the year.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're #1! We're #1!

But nobody cares about the murders that go on in American cities every day. They only care when a handful of white kids get shot.

steppinthrax

This story is as old as time.

Baltimore ranks #1 year after year. it's one of the reasons why I moved from there 7 years ago.

Hannibal

This story is as old as time.

Baltimore ranks #1 year after year. it's one of the reasons why I moved from there 7 years ago.

I drive here everyday. It's a ####hole. But like any City, there are good places and bad places. Oddly enough though, I feel safer driving through here for work than I ever did in DC.

Hank

my war
I drive here everyday. It's a ####hole. But like any City, there are good places and bad places. Oddly enough though, I feel safer driving through here for work than I ever did in DC.

I have lived in both cities. I'd rather be in DC.

edinsomd

IRS data again shows taxpayers leaving Maryland

http://marylandreporter.com/2015/09/03/irs-data-again-shows-taxpayers-leaving-maryland/

"Plaster was concerned about Baltimore’s numbers, which showed 20,123 taxpayers left and 18,361 went in, for an overall decline of 1,762. That represented an adjusted gross income of $1,165,079,000 going out and $850,171,000 coming in – a net decline of $314,908,000 or about -3.05% of the static tax base. He said solutions need to address why people are leaving one of ‘America’s great cities.'"

2012 data, but still valid as nothing has changed except the tax rate.

steppinthrax

DC is better than Baltimore hands down. People in DC make a higher income. The inner-city Blacks in DC are more educated and higher income than those in inner-city Baltimore. DC gets a lot of attention when things get out of control.

BernieP

Resident PIA
We're #1! We're #1!

But nobody cares about the murders that go on in American cities every day. They only care when a handful of white kids get shot.

but they feed those statistics into their arguement
Any gang shooting probably goes down as a mass murder - 3 or more people shot.
It's interesting to see how the facts are manipulated into political rhetoric

Like the number of school shootings - if those shootings take place on school property, they count as a school shooting. Even if it's one guy, in his car, committing suicide

officeguy

but they feed those statistics into their arguement
Any gang shooting probably goes down as a mass murder - 3 or more people shot.
It's interesting to see how the facts are manipulated into political rhetoric

Like the number of school shootings - if those shootings take place on school property, they count as a school shooting. Even if it's one guy, in his car, committing suicide

Yup, every time 4 or more get shot it's a 'mass shooting', (even if one of the shotees is the perp). Every time a school is mentioned in the press as geographic reference, it's a 'school shooting'. Every time a 17 year old gangbanger gets hurt it counts as 'another child a victim of gun violence'.

Last edited: