SF: parts of city dirtier than slums in developing countries

“The contamination is … much greater than communities in Brazil or Kenya or India,” he said. He notes that in those countries, slum dwellings are often long-term homes for families and so there is an attempt to make the surroundings more livable. Homeless communities in San Francisco, however, are often kicked out from one part of town and forced to relocate to another. The result is extreme contamination, according to Riley."

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Diseased-Streets-472430013.html

Oh but she has a suggested fix for it:

Ronen believes San Francisco has been too focused on permanent housing for the homeless and that the city has neglected to provide enough temporary shelter, which can provide the homeless a respite from the streets. The city currently has about 2,000 temporary beds. Ronen, however, believes an additional 1,000 are needed, at a cost of about $25 million.

“We need to find a source of revenue,” said Ronen. “Whether that's putting something on the ballot to raise business taxes or taking a look at our general fund and re-allocating money towards that purpose and taking it away from something else in the city.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Which makes you wonder if city government just likes it that way. We have horrible slums in all of our large cities all across the US and none of the city lawmakers seem to be interested in a solution other than "Give us all your money."

I'm not sure why the non-homeless residents of those cities not only put up with it, but buy into it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh... and "SF Spends $30 Million Cleaning Feces, Drug Needles"... let that sink in.

yep ... Progressive City Management at its finest

Homeless crap wherever they want to .... naked men walking about wherever they want to

I'm not sure why the non-homeless residents of those cities not only put up with it, but buy into it ....

I guarantee you Homeless are not ####ting in upscale neighborhoods

Hijinx

This is BS, it has to b a lie. This is San Fran Nan's home town and she wouldn't allow this.
I bet she goes back home often from Washington DC, and checks on the standards of her home town.
She is a Democrat and they have "feeling" for the homeless.
They care. ----Just ask them.

There is no way Nancy could stand in the Congress and give a speech for 8 hours if she didn't care about the homeless in her home town.
Such a charitable woman, such a woman who cares. Such a woman who spent $100,000 dollars on food and booze for her special plane to California.
No way could she sleep nights if those poor homeless people were not fed properly.