Useful Idoits

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yesterday, two survivors from the Florida school shooting went on CNN and accused pro-Second Amendment Republicans of “accepting blood money” from the NRA. They declared that those who support the NRA are “against children” and “funding killers.”

Their claims were absurd, of course, and not in the slightest bit accurate, but they can be excused for their sensationalism. They’re kids. And they’re traumatized. My heart breaks for them.

Indeed, I feel nothing but compassion for all of the kids who’ve been giving these anti-gun lectures on the news over the past several days. No decent person can be angry with a child who just suffered such a terrible trauma. I can, however, be angry with the Left and the media for hiding behind that trauma. So, it is to the latter ground that I say this:

You are despicable.

It’s one thing to bring a child on TV and ask him about the tragedy itself — what he saw, heard, felt, etc. But there is no legitimate or honest reason to start probing his political opinions. He didn’t become an expert on constitutional law just because he witnessed a mass shooting. His ideas on the subject are just as undeveloped and immature as they were before the tragedy. The only difference is that now those undeveloped and immature ideas have a certain emotional weight. You hope to use that emotional weight to crush your ideological opponents. You are weaponizing their suffering.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27344/walsh-stop-using-traumatized-kids-push-your-matt-walsh