Tax Cuts Apparent on Wifey's Paycheck

b23hqb

PREMO Member
It's Twue! It's Twue! My wife's first paycheck this month showed an increase in take home pay of $78.87 simply because of lowered taxes. That translates out to $157.74 per month, or $1892.88 per year. She works in the private sector, makes a very decent salary as officer manager and senior project manager of the Tampa area office of their national and international sign company. We like those crumbs, Nancy, and that doesn't include the yearly "crumbs" from bonuses.

Eat it, Nancy and dems.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I need to check my next check ... $ 80 bucks in nice

Steak this weekend instead of Hamburgers

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Everyone on my payroll saw between $60 (least) and $160 (most) increase in paycheck net. $120 to $320 a month....nice-sized crumbs.

Rommey

Wife saw about $100 per check...I don't know mine yet as I worked too much overtime, so I haven't had a normal 80-hour pay period yet to compare.

transporter

It's Twue! It's Twue! My wife's first paycheck this month showed an increase in take home pay of $78.87 simply because of lowered taxes. That translates out to $157.74 per month, or $1892.88 per year. She works in the private sector, makes a very decent salary as officer manager and senior project manager of the Tampa area office of their national and international sign company. We like those crumbs, Nancy, and that doesn't include the yearly "crumbs" from bonuses.

Eat it, Nancy and dems.

Just so you understand the consequences...which not one of you obviously do.

Since our illustrious "fiscally conservative" Republicans did not reduce spending to match the tax cuts, every one of the $1892.88 that is being added to your paycheck is being added to the national debt and (currently) being financed at about 3% (assuming a 10 yr note...which will then be rolled over into perpetuity).

And the tax cuts are coming at a time of near full employment and near economic capacity.

So when we have the next recession and we NEED to lower taxes to stimulate growth, we won't be able to.

I know none of you understand this...quite frankly I doubt any of you even care. Of course, when the next recession does roll around and the deficit spikes even higher you all will be screaming about fiscal restraint...and the circle of ignorance will be completed once again.

This_person

Since our illustrious "fiscally conservative" Republicans did not reduce spending to match the tax cuts, every one of the $1892.88 that is being added to your paycheck is being added to the national debt and (currently) being financed at about 3% (assuming a 10 yr note...which will then be rolled over into perpetuity).

And the tax cuts are coming at a time of near full employment and near economic capacity.

So when we have the next recession and we NEED to lower taxes to stimulate growth, we won't be able to.

I know none of you understand this...quite frankly I doubt any of you even care. Of course, when the next recession does roll around and the deficit spikes even higher you all will be screaming about fiscal restraint...and the circle of ignorance will be completed once again.

What spending cuts do you propose? What would you back?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

That's a lot of words to end up saying nothing at all. ;-)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GFYS With A Corn Cob ...

Obama Doubled the Debt ... with nothing to show for it, at least Trump kissed us [ the tax cut ] while he screws us

Clem72

Eat it, Nancy and dems.

Before you get too excited, that's just the result of a modification of your withholdings, based on the number of exemptions you provided (which were based on your old tax rate). If you expect your filing to change at the end of the year (and there's a good chance it may due to SALT cap or changes in standard deductions) you may or may not give back a good chunk of that money.

After doing my taxes for last year and seeing what my final SALT was, I am now fairly certain I will pay about $2k more in taxes this year than last, though I never changed my deductions so I am actually getting slightly more back in my paycheck.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Before you get too excited, that's just the result of a modification of your withholdings, based on the number of exemptions you provided (which were based on your old tax rate). If you expect your filing to change at the end of the year (and there's a good chance it may due to SALT cap or changes in standard deductions) you may or may not give back a good chunk of that money.

After doing my taxes for last year and seeing what my final SALT was, I am now fairly certain I will pay about $2k more in taxes this year than last, though I never changed my deductions so I am actually getting slightly more back in my paycheck.

Nothing changed but the amount of taxes automatically withheld for federal taxes based on her salary. SALT should not effect most taxpayers here in Fl (no state income tax, relatively low property tax assessments). I, too, am waiting to see how the tax forms will look for 2018. Doesn't look like my deductions for Schedule A will change, which this year was @ about $22,000, unless the deduction for state and local sales tax is eliminated. Everything else we deduct from line 38 looks to be still on the books.

Still scheduled to get a refund of around a grand this year. I'm happy with that and not having to fork out a check in April.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member

Eat it, Nancy and dems.

Add to this the $2,500 you save with obamacare, and you're in high cotton.

SamSpade

Since our illustrious "fiscally conservative" Republicans did not reduce spending to match the tax cuts.....

Oh please. SHOW me where Democrats at any level have demonstrated being fiscally conservative.

The very BEST they can come up with is slashing the hell out of the defense budget --- so they can SPEND it.

They don't cut spending. It's not even on their wish list.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I Do Not Recall That Being A Part OF Trump's Platform.

Fiscally conservative - one reason I withheld my vote for the Trumpster. That still scares me - a lot. But having said that, he's so far, light years better than the witch would have been.