Congresswoman Says Many Mass Murderers ‘End Up Being Democrats’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Representative Claudia Tenney, a first-term Republican from Central New York, said in a radio interview on Wednesday that “so many” mass murderers “end up being Democrats.”

Democrats immediately condemned her remarks, which came a week after 17 people were killed at a high school in Parkland, Fla., and called on her to apologize for politicizing gun tragedies.

One of Ms. Tenney’s colleagues in the House, Representative Gerry Connolly, a Democrat of Virginia, wrote on Twitter that she “owes America a sincere and abject apology.” And her expected Democratic challenger this year, State Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi, said in his own Twitter post that her “toxic rhetoric” was “a new low” and that “inserting politics into a national tragedy is beyond the pale & disgusting.”

Congresswoman Says Many Mass Murderers ‘End Up Being Democrats’

SamSpade

Still funny to hear - I'm sick to death of the press immediately declaring some shooter as a right-wing extremist - and then having to silently retract it when the facts show otherwise.

I don't care much how it sounds - it's just that turnabout is fair play.

transporter

Still funny to hear - I'm sick to death of the press immediately declaring some shooter as a right-wing extremist - and then having to silently retract it when the facts show otherwise.

I don't care much how it sounds - it's just that turnabout is fair play.

So which press reports labeled the Parkland shooter a "right wing extremist"? I don't recall seeing the political affiliations of the shooter mentioned anywhere?

I do recall the majority of posters in here getting all wadded up over radical Islamic extremists after the Pulse nightclub shooting...don't recall ever seeing any retractions when the obvious conclusions were ultimately put out...the guy was gay and hated himself for it so he decided to take a bunch of other gay folks out with himself.

You all live in a really interesting world.

You complain about the individuals who pull the trigger but offer no solutions for disconnecting the individual from the trigger. You whine and b!tch about the FBI...yet there are no laws on the books that the FBI could have used to charge this kid with a crime...making a vague non-specific comment on a social media site isn't a crime...especially when you have zero proof that who actually posted the item...the sheriff visits the house...ok...if the kid had done anything chargeable, he would have been charged...

But this kid was able to walk into a store and purchase an AR15. The FBI had no legal basis to do anything to this kid. The sheriffs had nothing to charge the kid with. Yet, young males commit most of the violent crime in this country and he was still able to walk into a store and buy an AR15...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You whine and b!tch about the FBI ... yet there are no laws on the books that the FBI could have used to charge this kid with a crime ... making a vague non-specific comment on a social media site isn't a crime...especially when you have zero proof that who actually posted the item...the sheriff visits the house...ok...if the kid had done anything chargeable, he would have been charged...

Ya Sure About That ...
I'm sure making Terrorist Threats covers a broad range of speech ....

if not well, the Kid gets drug in and has a nice sit down with the FBI .... I'm Sure the ACLU would Step In.

but you are correct NOTHING To Charge with ... the Solution is to end the 'Gun Free Zones' 98% of all mass shootings take place there ...

Hijinx

I spoke to a long time friend yesterday. I hand't seen him in a while. Like 2 or 3 years.
We ended up talking about politics, and this normally smart man became rabid.
Literally rabid in his hate for Trump.
He hated Hodan merely for the fact that he is a Republican.
There was no calming him no intelligent conversation, just rapid fire hate.

I told him several times we needed a different conversation, but he wouldn't quit.
Finally I said I needed to go and we left---Friends I suppose--I hope.
But it was enlightening to see that an intelligent person in most things is totally rabid about the Democrat party.

No wonder most shooters are Democrats. There is no dealing with them.

In reality after viewing Sap, Midnight and TJ here I should not have been surprised.

SamSpade

You all ....

I'm a person, not a member of a hive mind. I don't agree with half the folks here who call themselves "conservative".

Why not discuss the issue rather than assail some generic person who believes what you think they do?

black dog

Free America
I'm a person, not a member of a hive mind. I don't agree with half the folks here who call themselves "conservative".

Why not discuss the issue rather than assail some generic person who believes what you think they do?

What do you mean with folks that call themselves " Conservative "
Please explain...

SamSpade

What do you mean with folks that call themselves " Conservative "
Please explain...

Don't you know that I disagree with vrai over some things, with Hijinx over about half of his opinions, and so forth?
Many here call themselves conservative, but we don't agree on all the same things, and we don't have the same solutions.

trans is quick to lump everyone into one imaginary pile and attribute all kinds of ideas to it.
Somehow, if one conservative person thinks it - they all must, right?
How do I discuss with a person who ignores what *I* think, and wants to discuss what the straw man thinks?

black dog

Free America
Don't you know that I disagree with vrai over some things, with Hijinx over about half of his opinions, and so forth?
Many here call themselves conservative, but we don't agree on all the same things, and we don't have the same solutions.

trans is quick to lump everyone into one imaginary pile and attribute all kinds of ideas to it.
Somehow, if one conservative person thinks it - they all must, right?
How do I discuss with a person who ignores what *I* think, and wants to discuss what the straw man thinks?

Thank you, and to your last paragraph, you certainly can't have a intelligent conversation...