I'm curious...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...how many of these kids who think we need stricter laws to prevent gun deaths text while driving, even though it's illegal in most states?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
...how many of these kids who think we need stricter laws to prevent gun deaths text while driving, even though it's illegal in most states?

Probably all of them.

let's say we get rid of the 2A, since so many people are so good at fantasy. What do we do then, when some kid brings an explosive device in his back pack, and drops it off in the gym before the pep rally? How do you suggest we handle that?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Probably all of them. let's say we get rid of the 2A, since so many people are so good at fantasy. What do we do then, when some kid brings an explosive device in his back pack, and drops it off in the gym before the pep rally? How do you suggest we handle that?
:yeahthat:

Sapidus

When was the last time a disturbed kid texting ran over 17 people in a row?

Why do you keep attacking kids advocating for their lives?

Do you blame rape victims too?

Chris0nllyn

So, is the problem a single instance of a large number of people being killed or a large number of incidents of a small number of people being killed?

Sapidus

So, is the problem a single instance of a large number of people being killed or a large number of incidents of a small number of people being killed?

The issue is a easily solved problem of access to high capacity guns.

I assure you if a distracted texter ran over a dozen children every couple of weeks congress would pass a bill banning texting and driving.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I assure you if a distracted texter ran over a dozen children every couple of weeks congress would pass a bill banning texting and driving.

Which state is it legal in?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Why do you keep attacking kids advocating for their lives?

Do you blame rape victims too?

You completely missed the point. Why call for more laws that results people violating them anyway? It's pretty hypocritical for these skulls-full-o-mush to call for laws that they believe will protect them, when they violate laws that are aimed to protect them. Of course with them, it's not hypocrisy; it's ignorance.

Chris0nllyn

The issue is not easily solved and never will be. Ever.

Let's say, hypothetically, that this guy only used 10 round magazines (as that seems to be the cut-off point to most politicians who make up this "high capacity" term). This guy shows up, walks inside and shoots for 7 minutes before running outside with the rest of the students. Do you know how many times you can swap a 10 round magazine in 7 minutes? Then, it took the police almost an hour to find him.

How would that have done anything? What good would having a 10 round magazine done when he could have used 3, 10-rd instead of 1, 30 rd? Answer: Nothing.

You have an emotional response, as many do right now, I get that, but let's at least think about it a bit before making the claim that this sort of thing can be easily solved. School/mass shootings happened before AR-15s, high-capacity magazines, and whatever other political boogieman is created and they sure won't stop after.

FYI, texting anf driving is illegal in a ton of states. As is drinking and driving, and driving under the influence. We don't get all emotional and have walkouts or CNN town hall meetings when a family is killed by those people because we inherently know that living in a "free" society carries with it risks.

PsyOps

Pixelated

There are already laws in place that should have prevented Cruz from getting this gun, and the system failed. Every red flag and could have been raised was raised with this kid. The FBI was called twice on him. Over 30 visits to his house from police due to complaints of his behavior. Expelled form school. My God what else could have stopped this? If the system that is already in place failed to keep guns out of his hands, what other laws would you propose that could have worked?

Chris0nllyn

It Is called the Risk of LIVING IN a FREE Society .... bad #### happens

It's too bad folks don't feel the same about other things. Libertarians realize this. Republicans and Democrats believe it when it suits their agendas.

Cut/paste from other thread that prompted this thread...

I think intentional murders make the way of death much worse. Car accidents, etc. in no way can compare to someone intentionally setting out to murder.
When a person makes a conscious decision to drastically increase the probability of a collision, you still consider it to be an "accident" (1.an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury)? I do not think it can be be considered an accident any more than a pregnancy resulting from unprotected sex can be considered an "accident". I see it as willful intent.... intentional as opposed to the inadvertent.

Midnightrider

There are already laws in place that should have prevented Cruz from getting this gun, and the system failed. Every red flag and could have been raised was raised with this kid. The FBI was called twice on him. Over 30 visits to his house from police due to complaints of his behavior. Expelled form school. My God what else could have stopped this? If the system that is already in place failed to keep guns out of his hands, what other laws would you propose that could have worked?

no system is perfect, but this guy didn't have anything in his record that would have excluded him from owning a gun. If the FBI were to have processed the tips properly AND they found just cause, they could have possibly arrested him, but maybe not. even then unless he was convicted of a severe enough crime or deemed mentally insane he would pass a nics check.

no system is perfect, but this guy didn't have anything in his record that would have excluded him from owning a gun. If the FBI were to have processed the tips properly AND they found just cause, they could have possibly arrested him, but maybe not. even then unless he was convicted of a severe enough crime or deemed mentally insane he would pass a nics check.
Without a doubut, I do believe we will see beneficial changes to background checks put in place. :yay: