Stopping Chain Migration

Sapidus

In hypocrisy news that should shock no one it appears Trumps parents in law are beneficiaries of Chain Migration

On Wednesday, the picture got a little weirder. The Washington Post’s Carol D. Leonnig, David Nakamura and Nick Miroff report that first lady Melania Trump’s parents almost certainly got green cards using the chain migration/family reunification process. A lawyer for her parents, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, only confirmed their status.

Immigration attorney David Leopold said that since the Knavses are retired, other options for them receiving green cards were limited.

“That would be the logical way to do it, the preferred way to do it and possibly the only way to do it under the facts that I know,” he said.

Assuming that Melania Trump’s parents were sponsored by her under the family reunification process, it adds a remarkable complexity to Trump’s own family picture. Trump’s son, Barron Trump, would have three of four grandparents who arrived in the United States after following relatives — and the father of his fourth grandparent did as well

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rough-chain-migration/?utm_term=.c76d3df3b222

Do you think they speak English better than their daughter?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In hypocrisy news that should shock no one it appears Trumps parents in law are beneficiaries of Chain Migration

Continuing to Grasp at Straws and toss out insults

terbear1225

On Wednesday, the picture got a little weirder. The Washington Post’s Carol D. Leonnig, David Nakamura and Nick Miroff report that first lady Melania Trump’s parents almost certainly got green cards using the chain migration/family reunification process. A lawyer for her parents, Viktor and Amalija Knavs, only confirmed their status.

Immigration attorney David Leopold said that since the Knavses are retired, other options for them receiving green cards were limited.

“That would be the logical way to do it, the preferred way to do it and possibly the only way to do it under the facts that I know,” he said.

Assuming that Melania Trump’s parents were sponsored by her under the family reunification process, it adds a remarkable complexity to Trump’s own family picture. Trump’s son, Barron Trump, would have three of four grandparents who arrived in the United States after following relatives — and the father of his fourth grandparent did as well

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rough-chain-migration/?utm_term=.c76d3df3b222

the key words are bolded.

Also, important is that her parents are here LEGALLY. The fact that they followed the law as it existed at the time does not mean that law cannot and/or should not be changed in the future.

Sapidus

the key words are bolded.

Also, important is that her parents are here LEGALLY. The fact that they followed the law as it existed at the time does not mean that law cannot and/or should not be changed in the future.

Why is it acceptable for his parents in Law and no one else?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Someone once posted: "The fact that they followed the law as it existed at the time does not mean that law cannot and/or should not be changed in the future."

Yr welcome.

SamSpade

As I understand it, the new conditions for chain migration is - limited to immediate family of the original applicant.
So it is partially allowed - it is just not permitted to "chain" out of control.

glhs837

Power with Control
As I understand it, the new conditions for chain migration is - limited to immediate family of the original applicant.
So it is partially allowed - it is just not permitted to "chain" out of control.

Mom, Dad, sons, daughters. Not second cousins and your cashew guy.

terbear1225

This makes perfect sense to me, in particular if the parents are retired, as in the case of Melania’s parents. I have a friend who recently became a citizen, I would totally understand if she were able to sponsor her parents so they could live by their grandkids. I wouldnt necessarily think it made sense for her to sponsor her aunts/uncles/cousins/etc.

Sapidus

What an ugly little bigot you are. Not sure why I decided to torture myself by reading your garbage today, but back on Ignore you go.

Only a few hours ago you said you support immigrants as long as they work and speak English. But now I’m a bigot for asking if they speak English?

You really need to choose your positions and stop flip flopping like a dying rockfish