Winning !! SoMD style

Hijinx

There is obviously a background story here.
Although it does not excuse such stupid actions it would be nice to know.

Hopefully this kid will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Here goes another Florida killer in reality.
Put him away for a long time in a prison, since we no longer have institutions for the insane.

officeguy

Hopefully this kid will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

This is an open and shut case yet the SMC judiciary system will allow him to plead to second degree assault and criminal mischief. The gun and drug charges will be nolled. Judge Denseford will then throw a very lightweight brochure at him, something like 2 years with 1 year, 11 months and 27 days suspended.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nope, it is a drug, but you can be pretty sure this guy's actions owe little to pot. This is dumbass doing dumbass stuff because he's a dumbass, not because he smoked a joint.

:yay:

that was my thought ... any dope smoker I knew, sat in the corner baked

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bbbut its just an herb.

This was not brought on by smoking pot, I can tell you that with some certainty.

Who wants to bet me that they'll come up with a team of people who knew this kid was mentally off and either said nothing or were ignored when they reported it?

Chris0nllyn

This is an open and shut case yet the SMC judiciary system will allow him to plead to second degree assault and criminal mischief. The gun and drug charges will be nolled. Judge Denseford will then throw a very lightweight brochure at him, something like 2 years with 1 year, 11 months and 27 days suspended.

Seems good enough for a pay raise, no?

A proposal to give all 313 Maryland judges a $35,000 raise over the next four years faces a hearing Tuesday in the House Appropriations Committee.
This means the majority of Maryland judges would make more than the governor’s $180,000 annual salary and every judge would make more than all but two of his cabinet secretaries.
The judicial pay hikes would cause a budget increase of $22.5 million over the next four years.
http://marylandreporter.com/2018/02/11/35000-pay-raise-proposed-for-all-313-maryland-judges/

officeguy

This was not brought on by smoking pot, I can tell you that with some certainty.

Who wants to bet me that they'll come up with a team of people who knew this kid was mentally off and either said nothing or were ignored when they reported it?

He is off because he baked his developing brain with pot.

Hijinx

Afraid you are right.

A $35,000 dollar pay raise. Good googamooga , that seems a bit much .

glhs837

Power with Control
He is off because he baked his developing brain with pot.

Funny, because I know quite a few pretty well functioning adults who lived a "That 70s Show" sort of teen life and never went off like this. It's not the pot, man.

Hank

my war
The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible, otherwise, to sufficiently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers..... Marijuana!!!

The motion picture you are about to witness may startle you. It would not have been possible, otherwise, to sufficiently emphasize the frightful toll of the new drug menace which is destroying the youth of America in alarmingly increasing numbers..... Marijuana!!!

Reefer Madness!!! love that movie....

mitzi

Funny, because I know quite a few pretty well functioning adults who lived a "That 70s Show" sort of teen life and never went off like this. It's not the pot, man.

Seriously, when did smoking pot turn to violent behavior?

officeguy

Seriously, when did smoking pot turn to violent behavior?

If you look at how much violent crime is committed by pot users, then the answer is 'every day'. Just because your buddies were mellow and cheerful after a joint doesn't mean it has the same effect on someone willing to use violence to further his goals. It's no different from alcohol in that respect.

glhs837

Power with Control
If you look at how much violent crime is committed by pot users, then the answer is 'every day'. Just because your buddies were mellow and cheerful after a joint doesn't mean it has the same effect on someone willing to use violence to further his goals. It's no different from alcohol in that respect.

Then the problem isnt the pot, it's the person. And pot is not known for the lowering of inhibitions like alcohol. It is different from alcohol that way. As anyone who has experienced both can tell you quite clearly.

mitzi

True. I guess they have to have that violent behavior in them to begin with. It's way different than alcohol though.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I don't know if it was in the story or the commentary (ha ha) but there was something said about being ripped off and pistol whipped.

It wasn't totally clear. But my thought was revenge. The "victims" may not have been so innocent. They apparently identified him by name.
Don't think of him as a drugged out loser, more as a loser dealer, he went after them because of a drug deal gone sideways.