6 Reasons Your Right-Wing Friend Isn’t Coming To Your Side On Gun Control

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
4. The Most Prominent Policy Ideas Have Nothing to Do With the Tragedy

There’s an excellent column by Leah Libresco in the Washington Post explaining how certain policy initiatives haven’t actually been shown to prevent mass shootings. It’s a great primer on the nitty gritty data that Second Amendment advocates see supporting their side of the argument. I understand it can be frustrating that 2A advocates don’t seem to want to “do something” after a tragedy. But when we go down the laundry list of policy proposals after a tragedy it’s hard to consider them effective at preventing another tragedy when they wouldn’t have prevented the one that inspired them.

5. We Seriously Don’t Care About Gun Laws in Other Countries

We really, really don’t. That, of course, is because of the Second Amendment. The countries often brought up in the gun control debate not only have less than conclusive results (see the above link) but they don’t recognize personal possession of a firearm as a constitutional right. That is the bottom line. While their gun confiscation laws and the outcomes might be interesting, they are not applicable here.

6 Reasons Your Right-Wing Friend Isn’t Coming To Your Side On Gun Control

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
5. We Seriously Don’t Care About Gun Laws in Other Countries

Even if we could be persuaded to I wonder why when the Left is always shouting, "The Australia Solution" it seems quite unwilling to hear the reply, "The Switzerland Solution!"

--- End of line (MCP)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Even if we could be persuaded to I wonder why when the Left is always shouting, "The Australia Solution" it seems quite unwilling to hear the reply, "The Switzerland Solution!"

--- End of line (MCP)

Australia still ranks 10th in the world for number of firearms owned per every hundred citizens. So not too shabby. Libs like to pretend that guns disappeared in Australia; the truth is far different. Of course we're number one...and Yemen is in second place..