Trump Boldly Suggests Movies, Video Games Should Get a “Rating System”

Starman

By gawd cap’n I tell you what — this president is a forward thinker. A man way ahead of his time!

Lord knows, it starts with violent video games and movies and the next thing you know you’re mainlining marijuanas and dancing to that swing music with the colored folks.

Toxick

Splat

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

mitzi

By gawd cap’n I tell you what — this president is a forward thinker. A man way ahead of his time!

Lord knows, it starts with violent video games and movies and the next thing you know you’re mainlining marijuanas and dancing to that swing music with the colored folks.

And people thought George H. Bush was out of touch. I'm going to go watch Reefer Madness.

Last edited:

seven

:killingme

littlelady

God bless the USA
Trump is right. There was never a video game in my house while raising my children. My dot still got MS and my son got addicted to drugs. They never killed anyone, and they are both doing great now; considering their circumstances. Neither one took our guns and killed people. I am just lucky to have them both still here, and thriving. I count my blessings every single day. God bless America.

mitzi

Trump is right. There was never a video game in my house while raising my children. My dot still got MS and my son got addicted to drugs. They never killed anyone, and they are both doing great now; considering their circumstances. Neither one took our guns and killed people. I am just lucky to have them both still here, and thriving. I count my blessings every single day. God bless America.

The funny part of what Trump said, is the video games already have warning labels on them and have for years. I don't buy the excuse that video games are part of the reason for the violence today. Bring your kids up right and they know the difference between a video game and real life (unless they're mentally challenged). My son played them when he was teen and none of his friends turned out crazed killers.

glhs837

Power with Control

Now see what you've done? You went and made me laugh. Of course, I don't expect him to be really aware of the current state of video games. Hell, we you to ask most of my 50ish year old peers if games had ratings, they would shrug and not have a clue. Now, given he has a young son I would hope that if Barron plays games, he's involved enough to know, but maybe the kid doesn't play games, or maybe Melania controls that sort of thing. I know my wife left all such decisions to me in the end.

Well, he is right that they should have ratings, but as noted above, they do. There were always games in my house, when they were really young, I might give them an unplugged controller while I played :) I did vet what they got to play, no GTA ever until the son was 18 and could buy his own. But shooters were allowed depending. Heck, one of the most fun things we ever did was take on the original Halo in cooperative mode from beginning to end. Gore level and being a good guy mattered. My sons fiends all played, and not a one ended up a killer, or even bad kids. It's not the games, anymore than it's the guns. Or the devils lettuce. Anything in this world made in quantities more than one is subject to not being made well. The more people we make, the larger number of bad individuals you get. Simple maths.

One last point. Ratings dont stop kids from getting access to games, anymore than age limits stop them from getting access to alcohol and smokes. Whats reduced smoking? Societal pressure. And in the end, thats the only thing that reduces anything.