Corporate partners cut cord with NRA

transporter

Now this is an interesting turn of events....naturally not mentioned on here...I guess GURPS or the Dailycaller hasn't come up for a spin that is subtle enough in its justification of the continued slaughter of school kids and church attendees and support of gun manufacturers.

The NRA really screwed up with their CNN Townhall presence and speech at CPAC. Since the ignorati haven't noticed, these aren't Tide Pod challenge kids leading this...they speak and comport themselves better than the vast majority on here.

Corporate American feels the wind changing and they are very sensitive to changing winds. Divestiture campaigns tend to work better than boycotts. Maybe change will finally come.

The fallout over this week’s shooting rampage at a Florida high school started to take its toll on National Rifle Association’s roster of corporate partners on Friday as a half dozen companies severed marketing ties with the gun advocacy organization.

The exodus of corporate names, ranging from a major insurer to car rental brands and a household moving company, occurred after the NRA launched a counter-offensive against a student-led campaign for tighter U.S. gun ownership laws.

At the same time, gun control activists are stepping up pressure on Amazon.com Inc and other online streaming platforms to drop the online video channel NRATV, featuring gun-friendly programming produced by the NRA.

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, founded after 20 first-graders were shot and killed at a Connecticut school in 2012, sent letters to Apple Inc, AT&T Inc, Amazon, Alphabet Inc’s Google and Roku Inc on Friday, asking them to drop NRATV from their platforms.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nra-as-gun-control-debate-rages-idUSKCN1G71OX

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Now this is an interesting turn of events....naturally not mentioned on here...I guess GURPS or the Dailycaller hasn't come up for a spin that is subtle enough in its justification of the continued slaughter of school kids and church attendees and support of gun manufacturers.

The NRA really screwed up with their CNN Townhall presence and speech at CPAC. Since the ignorati haven't noticed, these aren't Tide Pod challenge kids leading this...they speak and comport themselves better than the vast majority on here.

Corporate American feels the wind changing and they are very sensitive to changing winds. Divestiture campaigns tend to work better than boycotts. Maybe change will finally come.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nra-as-gun-control-debate-rages-idUSKCN1G71OX

:yawn:

black dog

Free America
AT&T said it does not carry NRATV. None of the other companies immediately responded to requests for comment. :whistle:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now this is an interesting turn of events

...naturally not mentioned on here ...
... I guess GURPS or the Dailycaller hasn't come up for a spin that is subtle enough in its ...

as usual you whiny ####, you imply disparity where there is none .....

what exactly would you like to discuss ...

... justification of the continued slaughter of school kids and church attendees and support of gun manufacturers.

... so tell me sugar tits how many have died in mass shootings at schools vs cars or beat to death with hammers and base ball bats
... fact of the matter is Shootings like this account for a VERY SMALL Number of deaths

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
... so tell me sugar tits how many have died in mass shootings at schools vs cars or beat to death with hammers and base ball bats
... fact of the matter is Shootings like this account for a VERY SMALL Number of deaths
... and receive a disproportionately large amount of media attention.

Of course it does ramp the hysteria and political noise of the leftists!

GregV814

well, following the event at the White House yesterday, I though Transperson would have been at a bond hearing, not pecking away on-line.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Oh, stop. Companies will go where they think the money is. In this case, there's a big social justice play to be made to stay on what they believe is the plus side of profits. Then when things die down many will probably reinstate the program. Works both ways. Like politicians, companies follow the money, not principle. If you believe otherwise you're a dupe.

--- End of line (MCP).

nutz

Once again you've offered up an astonishing headline with nothing behind it. They all dropped a discounted rate for their NRA affiliated members, that is not severing market ties, it borderlines on stupid. They decided the numbers were small enough they didn't care while offering the public a bone. Hope their sales tank further.

This_person

So, now you are FOR companies using their money to exercise free speech? I thought you were against companies having different standards based on political issues, like Hobby Lobby choosing what health coverage they choose to offer based on the company's values, or a company donating to a particular politician or party.

Which is it - it's a good thing or a bad thing for companies to use their money as political speech?