"Chain migration"...

transporter

...doesn't seem to be a problem when applied to the First Lady's parents:

First lady Melania Trump's parents are about to experience the American Dream and become citizens – although the White House won't comment on how they got their status.

The most likely scenario is that Viktor and Amalija Knavs, both retired Slovenians, got green cards as the parents of a U.S. citizen – an experience that would not be atypical.

But such a move would appear to be an example of the 'chain migration' that President Trump has blasted and his immigration seeks to break up as an official 'pillar' of his policy platform.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5418977/Melanias-parents-citizens.html#ixzz582EgJ8Qu

This_person

...doesn't seem to be a problem when applied to the First Lady's parents:

So, do YOU have a problem with the law as written, or not?

Seems they followed it. Seems they're becoming citizens following the legal path. We don't know, because the article states, "the most likely scenario" is that they are following the law, but I agree it is most likely they would.

Now, if you have a problem with the law, your thread makes sense. If you don't have a problem with the law as it currently exists, then you're making zip.squat sense.

Hijinx

So, do YOU have a problem with the law as written, or not?

Seems they followed it. Seems they're becoming citizens following the legal path. We don't know, because the article states, "the most likely scenario" is that they are following the law, but I agree it is most likely they would.

Now, if you have a problem with the law, your thread makes sense. If you don't have a problem with the law as it currently exists, then you're making zip.squat sense.

I don't believe she has a problem with the law.
Her problem is with Donald Trump.

She hates the man because he beat her candidate.
Throws her silly 2 year old tantrums here every day.

This_person

I don't believe she has a problem with the law.
Her problem is with Donald Trump.

She hates the man because he beat her candidate.
Throws her silly 2 year old tantrums here every day.

I agree - I was making the point subtly :lol:

Either Transporter has an issue with the law or not - it does not matter who it helps or hurts. This is very much like tax law - what difference does it make who (by name) gains or loses? Either it's good law, or it is not.

Saul Alinsky Rule 13, again.

Sapidus

I agree - I was making the point subtly :lol:

Either Transporter has an issue with the law or not - it does not matter who it helps or hurts. This is very much like tax law - what difference does it make who (by name) gains or loses? Either it's good law, or it is not.

Saul Alinsky Rule 13, again.

Hahaha. Subtly. I'm crying at the thought of you thinking anything you say is subtle.