Irony Lost

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The R in NRA stands for RIFLE. The AR-15 is a semi-automatic RIFLE. Its bullets fly at over 2,000 mph. It easily fires over 10 rounds PER SECOND. Its only purpose is to rip human beings apart and leave them dead. Nobody needs it for defense or for sport. It should be BANNED.

— Laurence Tribe (@tribelaw) February 24, 2018

:killingme

It “easily” fires more than 10 rounds a second? And damn, those bullets go fast. More than 2,000 mph?

You managed to pull the trigger 10 times in one second? Wow my hat’s off to you and your fast-twitch muscles — Ilya Shapiro (@ishapiro) February 24, 2018

I researched it; didn’t draw the 10ps rate from thin air. But even at 4ps, the devastation is staggering. Don’t get hung up on the immaterial details. — Laurence Tribe (@tribelaw) February 24, 2018

Got that everyone? The distinguished law professor says “don’t get hung up on the immaterial details.”

“Don’t get hung up on details” seems to be a fun popular go to argument when these guys are fact checked on firearms — Stephen Miller (@redsteeze) February 24, 2018

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/201...ds-out-ar-15-easily-fires-10-rounds-a-second/

:shrug:

Isn't one Supposed to BE Specific IN LAW

littlelady

God bless the USA
Considering what I see professors say these days, I would suggest that parents home school their children through college, and beyond.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What an idiot. The energy in a round from a 300 Win Mag is literally three times greater than that of a typical .225/5.56 round, even though the muzzle velocity of the two is very similar. This "AR-15 is a powerful high-powered rifle" nonsense would be amusing were the debate not so bereft of facts all around.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What an idiot. The energy in a round from a 300 Win Mag is literally three times greater than that of a typical .225/5.56 round, even though the muzzle velocity of the two is very similar. This "AR-15 is a powerful high-powered rifle" nonsense would be amusing were the debate not so bereft of facts all around.
.458 Win Mag would be even better.

:red mist:

BOP

Duh! That is the purpose of every firearm. :shrug:

No, you're supposed to shoot the gun out of the bad guys' hands, which will leave them nursing a sore wrist while pondering their life choices, hitherto-fore.

Or at least wound them in a non-life threatening way which will allow them to ponder their life choices hitherto-fore as they writhe on the ground in agony in a non-law suit-threatening way.

Geeze, don't you know anything?

PsyOps

Pixelated
No, you're supposed to shoot the gun out of the bad guys' hands, which will leave them nursing a sore wrist while pondering their life choices, hitherto-fore.

Or at least wound them in a non-life threatening way which will allow them to ponder their life choices hitherto-fore as they writhe on the ground in agony in a non-law suit-threatening way.

Geeze, don't you know anything?

Or go to your balcony and fire off a couple of shots into the air.