Amazon Made $5.6 Billion in Profits Last Year

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Amazon is projecting a $789 million windfall from Republicans’ tax bill, according to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, which may have factored into its reason for witholding taxes this year. Bezos—like many other nominally liberal capitalists—claims to disagree with Donald Trump’s policies, while quietly lapping up the Republicans’ regressive tax breaks.

You may be asking: How is this legal? Isn’t Amazon an American company? Aren’t companies required to pay federal income tax? Hello?

Amazon’s global headquarters is not in Seattle, but in the tiny landlocked nation of Luxembourg (Amazon employs more than 40,000 people in Seattle, compared to 1,500 people in Luxembourg.). The European Union has accused Luxembourg of giving illegal tax breaks to Amazon and has ordered the country to recover $295 million in back taxes from Amazon.

https://splinternews.com/amazon-made-5-6-billion-in-profits-last-year-and-repor-1823329221

MiddleGround

When will you people learn. Political ideals and affiliations mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to making that dollar! This has been found to be 100% accurate!

transporter

When will you people learn. Political ideals and affiliations mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to making that dollar! This has been found to be 100% accurate!

Do yourself a favor and research the BS that GURPS posted (actually research all the BS GURPS posts).

If you do bother to do even only the minimal amount of googling you will quickly learn the numbers from GURPS cut and paste post is , as almost always, factually questionable.

Two things should jump out to even the most financially uneducated person...Amazon's profit (BTW...the author doesn't detail which profit level is being discussed)...and 2017 income taxes (no corp has filed their 2017 tax return).

Given that those are the two basic pieces of information this BS post is based on...well you should be able to discern its credibility.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do yourself a favor and research the BS that GURPS posted (actually research all the BS GURPS posts).

If you do bother to do even only the minimal amount of googling you will quickly learn the numbers from GURPS cut and paste post is , as almost always, factually questionable.

:diva: Rent Free Baby ...... do you have any FACTS to add to your RANT Sugar Tits

what NO RANTING about Trump tax cuts for big business and my 80 dollars while the deficit grows ... nope of course not, you just want to whine and bitch about me

Two things should jump out to even the most financially uneducated person...Amazon's profit (BTW...the author doesn't detail which profit level is being discussed)...and 2017 income taxes (no corp has filed their 2017 tax return).

Amazon Inc. Paid Zero in Federal Taxes in 2017, Gets $789 Million Windfall from New Tax Law

The online retail giant has built its business model on tax avoidance, and its latest financial filing makes it clear that Amazon continues to be insulated from the nation’s tax system. In 2017, Amazon reported $5.6 billion of U.S. profits and didn’t pay a dime of federal income taxes on it. The company’s financial statement suggests that various tax credits and tax breaks for executive stock options are responsible for zeroing out the company’s tax this year.

The company’s zero percent rate in 2017 reflects a longer term trend. During the previous five years, Amazon reported U.S. profits of $8.2 billion and paid an effective federal income tax rate of just 11.4 percent. This means the company was able to shelter more than two-thirds of its profits from tax during that five year period.

Incredibly, Amazon’s corporate tax goose egg for 2017 doesn’t include the effect of a second big tax disclosure: the $789 million one-time tax break the company projects it will receive due to the new tax law. While the Trump Administration’s corporate tax cuts generally took effect on January 1st, the law includes a grandfather clause for companies that (like Amazon) have managed to defer or postpone tax liability from prior years.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1018724/000101872418000005/0001018724-18-000005-index.htm

MiddleGround

Given that those are the two basic pieces of information this BS post is based on...well you should be able to discern its credibility.

That was a lot of typing. Very concise points.

Too bad none of it refutes what I said. Politics and political standpoints go out the window when it comes to the almighty dollar being made. PERIOD!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That was a lot of typing. Very concise points.

Too bad none of it refutes what I said. Politics and political standpoints go out the window when it comes to the almighty dollar being made. PERIOD!!

And yet you said in the other thread that Trans has never insulted you. Or perhaps you don't think him basically calling you lazy and uneducated is an insult?

MiddleGround

And yet you said in the other thread that Trans has never insulted you. Or perhaps you don't think him basically calling you lazy and uneducated is an insult?

Actually, this is what I said. Here... I quoted it for you so you can see:

As far as I know, Transporter, Sapidus, Midnightrider, etc. have NEVER called me evil or a moron. Nor, have they done so with many, many other forum members. It is just the usual EVERYDAY suspects that this occurs with.

Nope. Never said anything about insulting. And, I don't see anywhere above that shows they called me "evil" or "moron" either.

Wasn't it YOU that asked me to improve my 'reading' and 'language skills?' :rolleyes: