Walmart raises age to purchase guns and ammunition to 21

Sapidus

“Americans broadly support tightening gun laws and a recent CNN poll found that 70% of Americans generally support stricter gun laws.
Corporations have increasingly weighed in on the debate. As the #BoycottNRA flooded social media last week, more than a dozen companies severed ties with the National Rifle Association. And BlackRock and Bank of America have both said they plan to start conversations with major players in the gun industry.“

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/28/news/companies/walmart-guns/index.html

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
“Americans broadly support tightening gun laws and a recent CNN poll found that 70% of Americans generally support stricter gun laws.
Corporations have increasingly weighed in on the debate. As the #BoycottNRA flooded social media last week, more than a dozen companies severed ties with the National Rifle Association. And BlackRock and Bank of America have both said they plan to start conversations with major players in the gun industry.“

I don’t understand this 21 year old stuff,,,,,I bought my son his first gun when he was twelve.....but if makes you feel safetr ...go for it

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don’t understand this 21 year old stuff,,,,,I bought my son his first gun when he was twelve.....but if makes you feel safetr ...go for it

I was 10....and it was a black semiautomatic rifle with a 14 round magazine. 1968.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

. And then those companies suffered the backlash from their stupid attempt to pander..

Sapidus

That’s great. And that’s your choice. But now a 18, 19, or 20 year old wont be able to legally buy a gun from one of the largest retail outlets in the country. Along with the largest sporting goods store in the country Dicks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That’s great. And that’s your choice. But now a 18, 19, or 20 year old wont be able to legally buy a gun from one of the largest retail outlets in the country. Along with the largest sporting goods store in the country Dicks.
But will be able to from millions of smaller shops.

Starman

Oh buoy. Another for the boycott list. Man, it has to be exhausting keeping up with all the places your handlers tell you must be boycotted.

This_person

Now, my normal response would be to be upset with these groups, because of their stupidity. But, they are businesses, and it is my contention that businesses have the right to make both good and bad decisions as they see fit. That's freedom.

Good for them on making a bad decision. They're allowed to do that.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Yes, they are dicks...pandering to the $200.00 sneaker crowd who kill more of their brethren than all of the “mass” shootings that upset you so much....

Sapidus

Yes, they are dicks...pandering to the $200.00 sneaker crowd who kill more of their brethren than all of the “mass” shootings that upset you so much....

Always deflecting. Why are you so threatened they are making a choice to save lives?

This_person

I don’t understand this 21 year old stuff

In my opinion, it's a way of slowly but steadily infantilizing the population - you're still on your parents' insurance until 26, you have to use your parents' income to establish your eligibility for entitlement money for college - even if they aren't helping you, you GET entitlements because you can't survive without the government's help, etc., etc.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Always deflecting. Why are you so threatened they are making a choice to save lives?

No deflection, unless you don’t understand...oh nevermind ...genius

How many lives are the dicks at Dicks saving in Baltimore and Chicago.....oh nevermind....genius

Bonehead

I can't say that I ever saw a black scary type gun at Dick's but I didn't darken their door very often so no loss for me.