Teeangers and Irony

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
so we should agree with a 17 yr old that says .....

"I'm glad to see that companies are finally hearing not only the children's outrcy, but everybody in this country who is sick and tired of the dysfunctional laws and system that we have set in place," said Calderon. "I'm glad that Dick's Sporting Goods supports common sense gun laws, such as an 18-year-old should not be able to buy a shotgun or an AR-15. That's just not sensible."

The student activist then turned the conversation back to one of the main targets of the gun control campaign: the "toxic, vile" NRA.

"And I'm glad that companies — which are what will stop the NRA from doing what they're doing, and basically killing kids — the companies are going to be the ones that are going to stop this," said Calderon. "And I'm calling out every single company right now who is not in favor of cutting their ties with the NRA. The NRA has shown themselves to be toxic, vile, and to not support the right to live, which is in the preamble of the Constitution. I want them to remember: they always talk about the Second Amendment, but that preamble is before it because of its importance and its necessity for America to be the way it is."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27718/watch-how-wolf-blitzer-responds-student-accusing-james-barrett

but they are ...

1) The are too immature to Purchase A Firearm
2) Too immature to drink
3) Some are saying too young to vote
4) Irresponsible to drive and Provisional Driving Laws should be extended

And Yet somehow enlightened and smart beyond their years when the topic is Gun Control
and of course Calderon goes off the rails making emotional arguments against the NRA calling them child killers

:killingme

Also ... I don't see the 'right to live' in the Preamble ...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Since they refer to themselves a s children, they should be treated as such.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I have a 17 year old and he is the last person I want deciding how I am to act/think/behave/etc.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a 17 year old and he is the last person I want deciding how I am to act/think/behave/etc.

No chit! When my kids were teens they weren't responsible enough to do chores without being nagged or to be home by curfew. I'm guessing these teens aren't much different.

This_person

so we should agree with a 17 yr old that says .....

"I'm glad to see that companies are finally hearing not only the children's outrcy, but everybody in this country who is sick and tired of the dysfunctional laws and system that we have set in place," said Calderon. "I'm glad that Dick's Sporting Goods supports common sense gun laws, such as an 18-year-old should not be able to buy a shotgun or an AR-15. That's just not sensible."

The student activist then turned the conversation back to one of the main targets of the gun control campaign: the "toxic, vile" NRA.

"And I'm glad that companies — which are what will stop the NRA from doing what they're doing, and basically killing kids — the companies are going to be the ones that are going to stop this," said Calderon. "And I'm calling out every single company right now who is not in favor of cutting their ties with the NRA. The NRA has shown themselves to be toxic, vile, and to not support the right to live, which is in the preamble of the Constitution. I want them to remember: they always talk about the Second Amendment, but that preamble is before it because of its importance and its necessity for America to be the way it is."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/27718/watch-how-wolf-blitzer-responds-student-accusing-james-barrett

but they are ...

1) The are too immature to Purchase A Firearm
2) Too immature to drink
3) Some are saying too young to vote
4) Irresponsible to drive and Provisional Driving Laws should be extended

And Yet somehow enlightened and smart beyond their years when the topic is Gun Control
and of course Calderon goes off the rails making emotional arguments against the NRA calling them child killers

Also ... I don't see the 'right to live' in the Preamble ...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

We could pick nits about the DoI vice preamble, and that it has been established that the Preamble has no legal standing (but the second amendment does), but he admits he's just a child so that would be really a teachable moment vice a time to ridicule the child.

But, I am glad to see that children want to be involved in the conversation, want to learn about how things work, etc. Now, if they are smart enough to listen and learn, it's a good thing. If they stay as un- or mis-informed as this child, then it is a problem.

It clearly shows a significant problem with the education system that is near ready to turn him out into society at large.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Raimondo said Trump, “needs to get serious about it,” and referenced high school students advocating for new gun control laws, including the scheduled March 24 “March for Our Lives” in Washington.

“Now we are seeing the fight is being led by our kids because the grown-ups aren’t getting the job done, and, when the children lead us, you know it’s past time to listen to them,” the Rhode Island governor added.

http://dailysignal.com/2018/03/02/governors-back-trump-arming-teachers-raising-age-gun-buys/

MiddleGround

But, I am glad to see that children want to be involved in the conversation, want to learn about how things work, etc. Now, if they are smart enough to listen and learn, it's a good thing. If they stay as un- or mis-informed as this child, then it is a problem.

It is the "It" thing to do right now. Plain and simple.

Give it another month or two and you won't hear anything about this from these kids again. As soon as the 15 minutes are up....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It is the "It" thing to do right now. Plain and simple.

Give it another month or two and you won't hear anything about this from these kids again. As soon as the 15 minutes are up....

IMHO - that depends in the number of alleged 'school' shootings this yr
[we know the progressives like to lump as many random shootings together to inflate numbers]

Cindy Sheshan was around for a number of yrs ... basically until Obama was elected, and was no longer a tool top be used by Progressives railing against the Wars in the Middle East

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“Now we are seeing the fight is being led by our kids because the grown-ups aren’t getting the job done, and, when the children lead us, you know it’s past time to listen to them,” the Rhode Island governor added.

If she really meant that she would step down and give her governorship to some high school student.

That is easily one of the more ridiculous statements I've ever heard, let alone coming from a freaking Governor.

:crazy:

But whatever. I think all of these knee-jerk reactions are absurd. I'm left wondering if they are really that stupid, or are they just playing to the real stupids, as in We the People.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:crazy:

But whatever. I think all of these knee-jerk reactions are absurd. I'm left wondering if they are really that stupid, or are they just playing to the real stupids, as in We the People.

Playing to Progressives aka preaching to the Choir

... but whatever can get the folks in the middle to waiver and get Progressive MOAR Power over the rest of us

'for the children'

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Last month it was Tide Pods, this month its holding their arm over a burner on the stove to see how long they can stay there w/o moving. Yeah...I'm going to listen to them when it comes to deciding my rights. As for the "NRA" killing children, I hadn't heard that, did I miss something??

glhs837

Power with Control
Last month it was Tide Pods, this month its holding their arm over a burner on the stove to see how long they can stay there w/o moving. Yeah...I'm going to listen to them when it comes to deciding my rights. As for the "NRA" killing children, I hadn't heard that, did I miss something??

No, it's the same old "If you disagree with me, I must then characterize you in the most evil whay possible to marginalize your argument" sort of thing. Think that maybe statues of old guys that have been in parks for 100 years are not a real big issue, you must be an advocate of slavery. Think that maybe the #metoo movement could be turning into a bit of a wiothchunt? Then you must be a misognyistic rapist. Think that perhaps abortion being used as birth control might not be the best method, you hate poor people. Think that banning the sale of a product that already is in the hands of millions of law abiding citizens might not solve anything? Then you are killing children

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’m hoping they’ll all be doing the Freight Train Challenge next!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Florida shooting survivor David Hogg 'hung up on White House call' inviting him to Trump listening session

A survivor of a shooting at Majory Stoneman Douglas High School has said he hung up on a phone call from the White House.

David Hogg, a 17-year-old student, said he received a call asking if he was planning to attend a discussion with Donald Trump.

But he said he found the call “offensive”, since the call came during a period of mourning.

[clip]

During an appearance on HBO talk show Real Time with Bill Mayer, Mr Hogg said: “I actually hung up on the White House the other day... They called me the day before the listening session and asked if we were going to come.

a 'period of mourning' yeah the teen is mourning so much he cannot stay off the TV