Maryland HQL

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just logged in.
Approved.
6 working days.

Now I need to go to Bob's Sunoco (Beer Cave)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Springfield XD(M), not sure size (barrel) yet.
That was one of my two picks for my first striker.

i ended up going with a p320 instead, but really liked the sights and grip on the xd.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Springfield XD(M), not sure size (barrel) yet.

I don't know whether its my technique or the guns I've shot, or both, but I can ring iron all day long with my 5" Springfield but suck with my 4" SW or Kimber or even my Zastava. Length apparently really matters in my case.. LOL.

I'm going to be working with the folks at Flat Broke to try and rectify that situation because I would like to be as proficient with the 4" barrels as so many others I see are. They're pretty good at breaking down what's wrong with someone's technique and building you back up with the better skills.

Looking at it another way..I don't like the fact that I'm not nearly as proficient with my carry weapons as I am with the ones that are a bit large to be trying to conceal.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't know whether its my technique or the guns I've shot, or both, but I can ring iron all day long with my 5" Springfield but suck with my 4" SW or Kimber or even my Zastava. Length apparently really matters in my case.. LOL.

I'm going to be working with the folks at Flat Broke to try and rectify that situation because I would like to be as proficient with the 4" barrels as so many others I see are. They're pretty good at breaking down what's wrong with someone's technique and building you back up with the better skills.

Looking at it another way..I don't like the fact that I'm not nearly as proficient with my carry weapons as I am with the ones that are a bit large to be trying to conceal.

are the grip angles all similar?

black dog

Free America

It sounds like you do better with high bore access pistols,. Like 1.50" to almost 2" from the center of the Barrell to the center of the trigger guard.. I tend to like them myself with the Sig's and HK pistols I shoot the most..rifles like the M16 / AR platforms are very high bore access, like the Browning humpbacks..
I would go and rent a few different striker pistols myself before I bought one.
Like posted above I would also look at the 320 Sig.. I don't own one myself but I do own a few P250 Sig's and the frame and slides are the same.. Its a nice platform.. For like 35 bucks you can change frame sizes...

PeoplesElbow

I'm going to be working with the folks at Flat Broke to try and rectify that situation because I would like to be as proficient with the 4" barrels as so many others I see are.

Have you had any experience with them yet? Thinking of some training myself, but I want to hear others opinions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Have you had any experience with them yet? Thinking of some training myself, but I want to hear others opinions.
Oh yeah...Steve and Cindy are great folks! And when their new indoor facility is completed it's going to be even better.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My wife took their initial training class, she really enjoyed it.

My wife loves their courses; she attends the "women only" ones. We did the Utah CC course together, though.

Get's expensive though; right off the bat my wife discovered that she liked one of the handguns they provide for the beginner's course a lot more than the Kimber she already owned. ;-p