GE introducing HUGE new wind turbine

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This thing is a monster! Coming soon to a coastline near us...

Towering 260 meters over the sea, more than five times the size of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, France, the Haliade-X 12 MW carries a 220-meter rotor.

Designed and manufactured by LM Wind Power, the 107-meter-long blades will be the longest offshore blades to date and will be longer than the size of a soccer field.

https://www.offshorewind.biz/2018/03/01/ge-unveils-operation-haliade-x-12-mw/?utm_source=emark&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-update-offshore-wind-2018-03-02&uid=69352

Hmmmm..... these keep getting bigger and bigger. I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if a large number of these large turbines has any effect on slowing down the earth's rotation due to air resistance.......

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hmmmm..... these keep getting bigger and bigger. I wonder if anyone has done a study to see if a large number of these large turbines has any effect on slowing down the earth's rotation due to air resistance.......

I'll look in to that for ya...

Clem72

Idiot.

They're propellers, so if they start slowing the earth down you just turn them the opposite way.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Idiot.

They're propellers, so if they start slowing the earth down you just turn them the opposite way.
So they started the props up and pointed them at the east coast? That explains the weather today.