1 Samuel 9 He's over there

seekeroftruth

1 Samuel 9:11 As they were going up the hill to the town, they met some young women coming out to draw water, and they asked them, “Is the seer here?”

12 “He is,” they answered. “He’s ahead of you. Hurry now; he has just come to our town today, for the people have a sacrifice at the high place. 13 As soon as you enter the town, you will find him before he goes up to the high place to eat. The people will not begin eating until he comes, because he must bless the sacrifice; afterward, those who are invited will eat. Go up now; you should find him about this time.”

14 They went up to the town, and as they were entering it, there was Samuel, coming toward them on his way up to the high place.

15 Now the day before Saul came, the Lord had revealed this to Samuel: 16 “About this time tomorrow I will send you a man from the land of Benjamin. Anoint him ruler over my people Israel; he will deliver them from the hand of the Philistines. I have looked on my people, for their cry has reached me.”

This is from Bible.org.

As Saul and his servant reach the outside of town, they meet some young women on their way to draw water and ask if the seer is there. They tell the men that indeed he is there, and if they hurry, they might catch him while he is still available. He is about to bless a sacrifice and then celebrate the meal with a few invited guests. Once all this begins, Saul and his servant will have to wait for some time, since they are not invited guests and would not dare interrupt the sacrifice and celebration. This is just the right moment, but they must hurry

So... Samuel [the seer] was in town. He was a traveling preacher. He moved from town to town offering the sacrifices of the people all around Israel. Saul [the one God chose] was in town looking for the seer because Saul's dad's donkey had been lost for three days and Saul's servant suggested that the seer might know where the donkey is.

So these two men, Samuel who is rarely in one place, and Saul who rarely comes to town, are going to cross paths because God wants Samuel to anoint Saul as the first king of the Kingdom of Israel. This is historically significant.... if it were part of a movie script... there would be people standing everywhere waiting with their animals to sacrifice.... people with wine skins and baskets of grain to offer up.... and the background would be full of busy town noises..... the producer would want to build up to the moment that these two meet.... because once Samuel meets Saul... Israel will gain a king they can see.... a pretty boy from a good family... a man of wealth and courage.... He's right over there.....

:coffee: