People in Italy are Thinking Clearly

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/NetworksManager/status/970554845743714304[/TWITTER]

The Guardian reported:

A majority of Italian voters have supported Eurosceptic candidates in the national election, preliminary results showed, after decades in which Italy has steadfastly championed the European project.

Early results released by the interior ministry on Monday morning, as ballots continued to be counted, pointed to a hung parliament, though there was still a possibility that the centre-right coalition, with about 37% of the vote, could secure a majority once parliamentary seats are allocated.

Either result would represent a repudiation of Brussels by Italian voters, less than two years after the UK narrowly voted to leave the European Union.

Starman

It’s beyond me how anyone describes some of these parties as right-of-center. More than one of them have platforms that include Universal Basic Income, allowing earlier retirement, ending the use of fossil fuels, and ending austerity. Seems pretty left-of-center to me.

Certainly there is a major issue of unmitigated immigration, but I imagine the supporters of these parties will find they get duped just like we did with a guy who talks right but acts left.

SamSpade

It’s beyond me how anyone describes some of these parties as right-of-center. More than one of them have platforms that include Universal Basic Income, allowing earlier retirement, ending the use of fossil fuels, and ending austerity. Seems pretty left-of-center to me.

Certainly there is a major issue of unmitigated immigration, but I imagine the supporters of these parties will find they get duped just like we did with a guy who talks right but acts left.

Their entire political spectrum is more shifted to the left, so much so that some of their RIGHT is still to the left of us.