Dropping like flies

transporter

Gary Cohn - exit, stage left.

That's it? The President's top economic advisor leaves and the best you can do is that moronic comment? Gary Cohn leaves over the incompetent President's incompetent tariff plan and all you have to say is "exit stage left"

Let me guess...you are stunned to learn that the President has (or is supposed to have) a council of economic advisors?

I see you are also resorting to posting from the dailycaller.

Sheesh...

That's it? The President's top economic advisor leaves and the best you can do is that moronic comment? Gary Cohn leaves over the incompetent President's incompetent tariff plan and all you have to say is "exit stage left"

Let me guess...you are stunned to learn that the President has (or is supposed to have) a council of economic advisors?

I see you are also resorting to posting from the dailycaller.

Sheesh...

Everyone has the right to feel the way they do.

I think this shows another example of extreme unrest in the White House, but who knows. Trump seems to be softening his stance on tariffs though, so he is listening to someone. If the economy tanks Trump is in trouble, but this may be much ado about very little practically speaking.

Sapidus

Don’t forget this was the man who worked for Goldman Sachs that you hated Hillary for giving a speech to but didn’t mind when he became Trumps adviser.

Also keep in mind this guy almost resigned after Charlottesville but decided not to.

So supporting racists is ok but losing money isn’t.

More trash.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Don’t forget this was the man who worked for Goldman Sachs that you hated Hillary for giving a speech to but didn’t mind when he became Trumps adviser.

Also keep in mind this guy almost resigned after Charlottesville but decided not to.

More trash.

That’s five random thoughts......you’re taking some good drugs tonight.....just sayin’

littlelady

God bless the USA

More trash.

I guess you identify with Hillary. Freedom of speech, freedom of being a hypocrite, and all. Where does racism come into this discussion? Just wondering. I said I wouldn’t respond to you again, but it was worth it; so to speak. :wink:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And once again you completely miss the point.

gomerpyle.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BREAKING: Trump Economic Advisor Gary Cohn QUITS As Trump Continues To Tout Tariffs

Trump has already acknowledged Cohn’s ouster — he told the Times, “Gary has been my chief economic adviser and did a superb job in driving our agenda, helping to deliver historic tax cuts and reforms and unleashing the American economy once again. He is a rare talent, and I thank him for his dedicated service to the American people.”

Cohn’s departure means a strengthened hand for White House chief of staff John Kelly, who had widely been rumored to be on the chopping block just a few weeks ago, with Cohn as a possible candidate to replace him. Cohn was seen inside the White House as a moderating influence on Trump, particularly on trade issues. Just last week, Cohn spent time attempting to mobilize members of the business community to reach out to Trump to lobby him against raising tariffs. Trump seemingly rejected such advice, and hinted over the weekend that staff changes were afoot:

Trump is operating off his own script now. His trusted advisors have apparently quit or been marginalized, from Hope Hicks to Rob Porter to Jared Kushner. The influence of various factions has waned and waxed — Peter Navarro now seems to be in the ascendance on trade, despite his own Democratic background. With Republicans having already passed main planks of their agenda in the form of tax cuts and the end of the individual mandate, Trump is pursuing his own agenda items. And Cohn’s exit could be the beginning of the true era of Trumpism.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The prevailing wisdom on Wall Street and in Washington was that the departure of someone like Gary Cohn would be immediately catastrophic for the markets and the US economy. As President Trump’s National Economic Council chief, Cohn was one of the so-called adults in the room who could steer our volatile national leader away from economically deleterious populism on various issues, including trade.

Now that Cohn has decided (effectively prodded by the president) to leave, losing a bitter battle to prevent tariffs on steel and aluminum, the markets are voting with a mix of mild worry and ambivalence.

[clip]

Plus, the president has plenty of other smart, market-friendly economists like free-market guru Larry Kudlow who could take his place — though who knows if Trump would listen to him, which is one reason to be concerned about the market and economy.

True, most free-market types inside and outside the administration, were never really comfortable with Cohn, a former Goldman Sachs trader with deep ties with the Democratic Party. Cohn was the No. 2 executive at Goldman in 2016 with no clear shot to replace the firm’s CEO Lloyd Blankfein, when he saw a chance to go to Washington after Trump’s surprise victory in the presidential election.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/why-gary-cohns-exit-doesnt-have-the-markets-in-full-panic-yet/

Starman

The prevailing wisdom on Wall Street and in Washington was that the departure of someone like Gary Cohn would be immediately catastrophic for the markets and the US economy. As President Trump’s National Economic Council chief, Cohn was one of the so-called adults in the room who could steer our volatile national leader away from economically deleterious populism on various issues, including trade.

Now that Cohn has decided (effectively prodded by the president) to leave, losing a bitter battle to prevent tariffs on steel and aluminum, the markets are voting with a mix of mild worry and ambivalence.

[clip]

Plus, the president has plenty of other smart, market-friendly economists like free-market guru Larry Kudlow who could take his place — though who knows if Trump would listen to him, which is one reason to be concerned about the market and economy.

True, most free-market types inside and outside the administration, were never really comfortable with Cohn, a former Goldman Sachs trader with deep ties with the Democratic Party. Cohn was the No. 2 executive at Goldman in 2016 with no clear shot to replace the firm’s CEO Lloyd Blankfein, when he saw a chance to go to Washington after Trump’s surprise victory in the presidential election.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/07/why-gary-cohns-exit-doesnt-have-the-markets-in-full-panic-yet/

Doing a stint in government is a good opportunity for these cats to dump some investments tax-free.

Hijinx

Doing a stint in government is a good opportunity for these cats to dump some investments tax-free.

Trump is running things. Some of his people do not like what he does, and he says find another job.
No hard feelings, just hit the road.