One extreme to the other

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
From no water to way too much....the island is flooded so bad that the roads are pretty much impassable...unless you want to sacrifice a vehicle.

awpitt

Main Streeter
From no water to way too much....the island is flooded so bad that the roads are pretty much impassable...unless you want to sacrifice a vehicle.

Is this a surprise? Not like it's the first time this has happened. It's a low lying island. It floods easily. Guess what? They have earthquakes in Cali.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is this a surprise? Not like it's the first time this has happened. It's a low lying island. It floods easily. Guess what? They have earthquakes in Cali.
Post a link to something indicative of surprise. Tia. Last week we had a near record low tide....today one of the highest flood tide I've seen in years. That's all.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Post a link to something indicative of surprise. Tia. Last week we had a near record low tide....today one of the highest flood tide I've seen in years. That's all.

Don't need to post a "link". Anyone who's lived in this county longer than a hockey season knows how prone to flooding that St. George's Island is.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't need to post a "link". Anyone who's lived in this county longer than a hockey season knows how prone to flooding that St. George's Island is.

I've lived on this island for 27 years, Mr. Clueless. Through many a hurricane and tropical storm. And you missed the entire point, so you get another chance to "get it":

Only a few days ago the Potomac River experienced a near-record "blowout tide" that emptied the river. Today, a few short days later, we get an extreme high tide (I maintain a NOAA tide reporting station, btw..the only one in the immediate geographical area. ;-) ) "From one extreme to the other" <------- Get it?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've lived on this island for 27 years, Mr. Clueless. Through many a hurricane and tropical storm. And you missed the entire point, so you get another chance to "get it":

Only a few days ago the Potomac River experienced a near-record "blowout tide" that emptied the river. Today, a few short days later, we get an extreme high tide (I maintain a NOAA tide reporting station, btw..the only one in the immediate geographical area. ;-) ) "From one extreme to the other" <------- Get it?

Methinks someone is a bit snarky today.

black dog

Free America

It's from Global Warming.... Quit using the Plasma Cutter.....