Parkland Students’ Astroturfing?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
On February 28, BuzzFeed came out with the actual story: Rep. Debbie Wassermann Schultz aiding in the lobbying in Tallahassee, a teacher’s union organizing the buses that got the kids there, Michael Bloomberg’s groups and the Women’s March working on the upcoming March For Our Lives, MoveOn.org doing social media promotion and (potentially) march logistics, and training for student activists provided by federally funded Planned Parenthood.

[clip]

For two weeks, journalists abjectly failed in their jobs, which is to tell the public what’s going on. And any of them who had any familiarity with organizing campaigns absolutely knew. Matt Pearce, of the Los Angeles Times, would have been ideally placed to write an excellent article: not only is he an organizer for the Times’s union, he moderated a panel on leftist activism for the LA Times Book Festival and has the appropriate connections in organizing. Instead, he wrote about a school walkout, not what was behind it. (In another article, Pearce defined Delta caving to a pressure campaign’s demands as “finding middle ground.”)

But it’s not just a mainstream media problem. None of the righty outlets writing about Parkland picked up on the clear evidence that professional organizers were backing the Parkland kids, either. Instead, they objected to the front-and-centering of minor kids as unseemly, which does no good: Lefties aren’t going to listen, and it doesn’t educate the Right to counter.

The closest anyone got was Elizabeth Harrington at the Washington Free Beacon, who noted that Clooney’s publicist was booking the kids’ media interviews pro bono, and said that a friend (not Clooney) had asked him to do it. The result of all this is that the average righty does not understand what’s going on in activism, because all they see is what the press covers. The stuff that’s visible. It’s like expecting people in the Stone Age to grok the Roman army by looking at it. Conspiracy theorists happily fill this ignorance vacuum.

Why Did It Take Two Weeks To Discover Parkland Students’ Astroturfing?

Hijinx

On February 28, BuzzFeed came out with the actual story: Rep. Debbie Wassermann Schultz aiding in the lobbying in Tallahassee, a teacher’s union organizing the buses that got the kids there, Michael Bloomberg’s groups and the Women’s March working on the upcoming March For Our Lives, MoveOn.org doing social media promotion and (potentially) march logistics, and training for student activists provided by federally funded Planned Parenthood.

[clip]

For two weeks, journalists abjectly failed in their jobs, which is to tell the public what’s going on. And any of them who had any familiarity with organizing campaigns absolutely knew. Matt Pearce, of the Los Angeles Times, would have been ideally placed to write an excellent article: not only is he an organizer for the Times’s union, he moderated a panel on leftist activism for the LA Times Book Festival and has the appropriate connections in organizing. Instead, he wrote about a school walkout, not what was behind it. (In another article, Pearce defined Delta caving to a pressure campaign’s demands as “finding middle ground.”)

But it’s not just a mainstream media problem. None of the righty outlets writing about Parkland picked up on the clear evidence that professional organizers were backing the Parkland kids, either. Instead, they objected to the front-and-centering of minor kids as unseemly, which does no good: Lefties aren’t going to listen, and it doesn’t educate the Right to counter.

The closest anyone got was Elizabeth Harrington at the Washington Free Beacon, who noted that Clooney’s publicist was booking the kids’ media interviews pro bono, and said that a friend (not Clooney) had asked him to do it. The result of all this is that the average righty does not understand what’s going on in activism, because all they see is what the press covers. The stuff that’s visible. It’s like expecting people in the Stone Age to grok the Roman army by looking at it. Conspiracy theorists happily fill this ignorance vacuum.

Why Did It Take Two Weeks To Discover Parkland Students’ Astroturfing?

What they are doing is not against the law in any way, they cannot be stopped , It's a bit ethically challenged to use these kids in this manner, but
ethics never mattered to the lefties. Move-on is George Soros, but Planned Parenthood is using my tax money.Oh! they will object and say it was mon ey donated from somewhere else but as money is fungible, it is indeed my tax money being used for a political purpose.

Sapidus

What they are doing is not against the law in any way, they cannot be stopped , It's a bit ethically challenged to use these kids in this manner, but
ethics never mattered to the lefties. Move-on is George Soros, but Planned Parenthood is using my tax money.Oh! they will object and say it was mon ey donated from somewhere else but as money is fungible, it is indeed my tax money being used for a political purpose.

Why don’t you complain about the Koch brothers?

I think Citizens United has done more to destroy this country than any other Supreme decision of the last 50 years.

transporter

Isn't The Federalist the same source that GURPS posted a link to not 2-3 days ago that said what a wonderful world had been created for these same kids???

Now The Federalist is complaining about what a horrible world we live in? Oh well...whatever propaganda works to get the dullards to nod along...GURPS couldn't wait to wipe off his fingers and hit send.

Hijinx

Why don’t you complain about the Koch brothers?

I think Citizens United has done more to destroy this country than any other Supreme decision of the last 50 years.

You are entitled to think anything you like, even if it is wrong.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'd give a pretty penny to see you work up enough nerve to day that to Bop's face.

I’ll raise you a pretty penny. Seven is a trolling coward. BOP would hand seven his arse, and seven would cry wee wee wee all the way home.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Why? Can you not handle the truth? Oh, and, yeah, you would suck in a debate. Carry on, troll. If you don’t want me to reply to your posts, then don’t respond to mine. That was easy. And, no one tells me to stfu. You are welcome.

seven

Why? Can you not handle the truth? Oh, and, yeah, you would suck in a debate. Carry on, troll. If you don’t want me to reply to your posts, then don’t respond to mine. That was easy. And, no one tells me to stfu. You are welcome.

stfu

littlelady

God bless the USA
If I bug you so much put me on ignore ya idiot! Pretty ####in simple.

I have never put any member on ignore. Why would I want to miss the fun of it all? You are such a hypocrite.

So, if I put you on ignore, will you stop responding to me? You can’t have it both ways. Who is the real idiot? Answer...it is not me. :killingme: