More great news on the draining of the swamp...

transporter

...Not!

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump and his appointees have stocked federal agencies with ex-lobbyists and corporate lawyers who now help regulate the very industries from which they previously collected paychecks, despite Trump’s promises as a candidate to drain the swamp in Washington.

A week after his inauguration, Trump signed an executive order that bars former lobbyists, lawyers and others from participating in any matter they worked on for private clients within two years of going to work for the government.

But records reviewed by The Associated Press show Trump’s top lawyer, White House counsel Don McGahn, has issued at least 37 ethics waivers to key administration officials at the White House and executive branch agencies.

https://www.apnews.com/2e23b380a1ec...obbyists-get-ethics-waivers-to-work-for-Trump

Sapidus

Again. These idiots don’t care. As long as it’s not a black man, or a woman telling them what to do they will keep supporting this piece of crap administration

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well, there you go. The trusty old race card, again. It gets old.

There are plenty of African Americans that I admire...Ben Carson, Sheriff Clarke, MLK, Col. West, Oprah Winfrey, Hank Aaron, Sojourner Truth, Morgan Freeman, Tuskegee Airmen, Booker T. Washington, Rosa Parks..which are who I thought of off the top of my head. There are many more.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Again. These idiots don’t care. As long as it’s not a black man, or a woman telling them what to do ....

is that all ya got, calling people whom you disagree with Idiots, and Implying Racism and Sexism

Starman

is that all ya got, calling people whom you disagree with Idiots, and Implying Racism and Sexism

Seems to work for you, holms. You use words like "progs" and "libtards" instead of "idiot". Same thing.

Spare us all your righteous indignation.

Hijinx

Seems to work for you, holms. You use words like "progs" and "libtards" instead of "idiot". Same thing.

Spare us all your righteous indignation.

For once Sap is right. Progs and Libtards are the same as idiots.

This_person

Again. These idiots don’t care. As long as it’s not a black man, or a woman telling them what to do they will keep supporting this piece of crap administration
To be honest and fair, 8 years ago these exact same complaints were made by us about the black guy (well, the biracial guy). Y'all types could not possibly have cared less. Are you hypocritical, or against white guys? Or, both?

Is this lobbyist thing a problem? Absolutely. However, our lack of concern has nothing to do with Trump not being black (or, biracial), or not being a woman. It has far more to do with Trump being effective.

Regulations are reduced and continuing to be reduced. Unemployment is reduced and workforce participation rate is rising. Drilling in the US is increasing. The coal industry is rebounding. Consumer confidence is very high. KJU is being subdued.

Think of the whole NK thing like Cuba. A lot of people were against BHO reinstating ties with Cuba. Me? I was far more interested in seeing how it went. Fifty years of one policy didn't work, I was more than willing to try another. And, BHO made sense - let the Cuban people see what freedom actually looks like and they might fix their own country. I would say the same is true for NK. I'm willing to give Trump a chance. We saw that giving him nuclear power plants and money didn't help - that was Bill Clinton's plan.

So, you attempt at equating acceptance of results with racism and sexism is wholly invalid.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Think of the whole NK thing like Cuba. A lot of people were against BHO reinstating ties with Cuba. Me? I was far more interested in seeing how it went. Fifty years of one policy didn't work, I was more than willing to try another. And, BHO made sense - let the Cuban people see what freedom actually looks like and they might fix their own country. I would say the same is true for NK. I'm willing to give Trump a chance. We saw that giving him nuclear power plants and money didn't help - that was Bill Clinton's plan.

Very well said here. This is exactly why I think it's a good thing that Trump is willing to have a "sit down" with the NK dictator. Like you said, fifty years of one policy regarding Cuba didn't work so BHO tried something different and now Trump is doing the same thing with NK after decades of policies that haven't worked.