Schadenfreude Anti Gunner Edition

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A Democratic congressional candidate is reportedly being investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) after she appeared to break the law while destroying an AR-15 in a virtue signaling stunt following the tragic shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Democrat Karen Mallard, a teacher who has spent 30 years in the classroom, is running for Virginia's 2nd Congressional District against Republican Congressman Scott Taylor.

Following the recent school shooting in Parkland, Florida, Mallard decided to destroy an AR-15 that she claims her husband purchased a while back, saying in dramatic fashion, "I told him, I wanted this gun out of my house!"

WATCH: Democrat Under Investigation For Appearing To Break Law While Destroying AR-15 In Virtue-Signaling Stunt

what a clueless #### ....

BOP

Speculation is that they bought a cheap weapon specifically for this grandstanding stunt. A cheap weapon isn't all that cheap, but to politicians who are sucking at the gov't teat and have hopes of higher office and accumulating the wealth and power thereof, $400-500 bucks for a strippy model AR is a small price to pay. Until, you know, the po-po come calling. Still, it does help build street cred with the demonrats and their voters.

Hijinx

Speculation is that they bought a cheap weapon specifically for this grandstanding stunt. A cheap weapon isn't all that cheap, but to politicians who are sucking at the gov't teat and have hopes of higher office and accumulating the wealth and power thereof, $400-500 bucks for a strippy model AR is a small price to pay. Until, you know, the po-po come calling. Still, it does help build street cred with the demonrats and their voters.

Not that I am all that interested in this story, but what law did she break?

Hijinx

She created a short-barreled rifle, an NFA regulated item.

If that was the only thing she did, yes I agree.
But the story says she destroyed the weapon.

Cutting off the barrel is not destruction. If she made the weapon unusable by other destruction, cutting off the barrel was only a part of the process.
I guess the courts will figure it out.

black dog

Free America
Not that I am all that interested in this story, but what law did she break?

Some are saying a sbr ( short barreled rifle ) and that would need a tax stamp, was made when the barrel was cut short.
I don't think ATF will get involved because there was no intent to break the law.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If that was the only thing she did, yes I agree.
But the story says she destroyed the weapon.

Cutting off the barrel is not destruction. If she made the weapon unusable by other destruction, cutting off the barrel was only a part of the process.
I guess the courts will figure it out.

No, the story said she "TRIED" to destroy the weapon, she failed to destroy it and created a short barreled rifle.
the article said:
Mallard proceeded to try to destroy the rifle by cutting most of the barrel off with a saw, which did not destroy the rifle, rather, she created a short-barreled rifle, which is a National Firearms Act (NFA) regulated item.

black dog

Free America
And the authorities have taken that same stance with the general public vs reporters or privileged government douche-bags when?

When a 1911 breaks a sear and the pistol continues to fire until the magazine is empty and the owner takes it to a gunsmith to have it repaired is that intent to manufacture a MG?

If they had taken the gun to a range and shot it, then there is a problem..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When a 1911 breaks a sear and the pistol continues to fire until the magazine is empty and the owner takes it to a gunsmith to have it repaired is that intent to manufacture a MG?

If they had taken the gun to a range and shot it, then there is a problem..

When someone deliberately changes it, films it and the ATF ignores it.... Let me know. :yay: