Tax-And-Spend Democrats Are Back...

Rommey

...And They Want $1 Trillion Of Your Money

Big Government: Democrats have a new plan to win over voters in November. Instead of letting taxpayers keep the money they're getting from Trump's tax cuts, they want government to spend $1 trillion of it on wasteful government projects.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer outlined this plan on Wednesday, calling it a "better deal" for Americans.

What it entails is "rolling back" $1 trillion worth of the Republican tax cuts that just went into effect, and spending that money on roads, bridges, schools, electric grid and so on.

There are several problems with this approach, not least of which is that what Schumer is actually proposing is a $1 trillion tax hike on Americans to finance $1 trillion worth of new federal spending.

It is, in other words, just good old-fashioned tax-and-spend liberalism.

The problems with the Democrats' infrastructure plan only start there.

[snip]
There's also the flagrant hypocrisy of Democrats who, just a few weeks ago were decrying the GOP tax cuts because they would "explode the deficit." Now they are proposing to run deficits of equal magnitude, in order to pay for more government instead of tax cuts.

I don't know if Schumer is arrogant, ignorant, or incompetent. My guess is they will push the narrative that the Republicans don't care about infrastructure, while at the same time failing to mention the incredible amount of debt his plan will add. Maybe if there was someone would have tried to fix shovel ready infrastructure projects...

Hijinx

I don't know if Schumer is arrogant, ignorant, or incompetent. My guess is they will push the narrative that the Republicans don't care about infrastructure, while at the same time failing to mention the incredible amount of debt his plan will add. Maybe if there was someone would have tried to fix shovel ready infrastructure projects...

Just know that he is a New York Democrat. It covers all of the aforementioned.

transporter

...And They Want $1 Trillion Of Your Money

Damn...and I though Hijinx would always be the one to peg the stupidometer at maximum on this site...but DAMN! The comment above sets a new low.

So...can you please explain how raising revenue by $1t and increasing spending by $1t increases the debt? (don't bother trying because you can't explain it...because adding any amount of debt and then adding an equal amount of spending is neutral. Math doesn't get any more f***ing basic that taking a number {let's say 2} subtracting that same number from itself and coming up with zero. For example...lets say you had 2 brain cells and destroyed both...then you would have zero brain cells...2-2=0 the size of the number doesn't change the relationship or the outcome. $1,000,000,000,000 - $1,000,000,000,000 = 0)

So from a pre-kindergarten level of math Schumer's proposal is infinitely more wise than what our incompetent President and Congress just did. See if you can follow along here Romney...I know you can't...but try.

The tax cut bill cut $1.5T in revenue over 10 years. The budget plan added $300-500 of new spending (over only two years mind you). This adds $2T to the deficit/debt.

So...again see if you can follow along...YOU are b!itching that Schumer is proposing a revenue neutral idea...but you are PERFECTLY fine with Trump adding $2T to the debt?

(Note: I am not offering any opinion on Schumer's proposal...only Romney's comments about its impact on the deficit/debt)

stgislander

PREMO Member
Of course you wouldn't offer any comment on Schumer's proposal. Why would you add anything of benefit to the conservation?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Damn...and I though Hijinx would always be the one to peg the stupidometer at maximum on this site...

Hey..Hey..HEY!!! waht?..you no love me any more?? OK. OK, I'm sorry...it was mean of me to hide your false teeth like I did. I thought you had more of a sense of humor. But please..come back..I miss you!!

Hijinx

Hey..Hey..HEY!!! waht?..you no love me any more?? OK. OK, I'm sorry...it was mean of me to hide your false teeth like I did. I thought you had more of a sense of humor. But please..come back..I miss you!!

You can have her back I am tired of her gumming me.

SamSpade

(Note: I am not offering any opinion on Schumer's proposal...only Romney's comments about its impact on the deficit/debt)

Well, you should. Because it's first rate stupid.

It's one thing to tell Americans, yeah, we're going to cancel all of those tax cuts you got, because we didn't want to raise the debt.
So we are going to take all that money back and - oh - we won't pay DOWN the debt. We'll just spend it.
Only we'll call in "investing" as we've done for the last 30 years.

No matter how you cut it - it's raising taxes. So all the bitching about raising the debt and given the chance -
they will LEAVE it that way.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Damn...and I though Hijinx would always be the one to peg the stupidometer at maximum on this site...but DAMN! The comment above sets a new low.

So...can you please explain how raising revenue by $1t and increasing spending by $1t increases the debt? (don't bother trying because you can't explain it...because adding any amount of debt and then adding an equal amount of spending is neutral. Math doesn't get any more f***ing basic that taking a number {let's say 2} subtracting that same number from itself and coming up with zero. For example...lets say you had 2 brain cells and destroyed both...then you would have zero brain cells...2-2=0 the size of the number doesn't change the relationship or the outcome. $1,000,000,000,000 - $1,000,000,000,000 = 0)

So from a pre-kindergarten level of math Schumer's proposal is infinitely more wise than what our incompetent President and Congress just did. See if you can follow along here Romney...I know you can't...but try.

The tax cut bill cut $1.5T in revenue over 10 years. The budget plan added $300-500 of new spending (over only two years mind you). This adds $2T to the deficit/debt.

So...again see if you can follow along...YOU are b!itching that Schumer is proposing a revenue neutral idea...but you are PERFECTLY fine with Trump adding $2T to the debt?

Is this how you treat people because they know what they are talking about? I know your answer. It is because it is not what you want to hear because it thwarts the agenda that you march in step to. Have you ever noticed the military parades in North Korea, and how high they make their soldiers lift their legs when marching? It is just for show, and must be exhausting for those starving patriots. Just my thoughts.

Rommey

See if you can follow along...The proposal is increasing the tax on US (the people). Notice the first line ("And They Want $1 Trillion Of Your Money")....You are reading into what I said in your usual twisted way. Never did I say that the debt would be increased an additional $1T...maybe you should try to comprehend what is said and the inference it is trying to convey. Let me spoon feed it to you: If Trump's tax cuts adding $1T in additional debt is bad; then Chuckie commandeering that $1T on infrastructure is worse. People are already seeing the effect of the tax cuts in their paychecks, so Chuckie's plan would take that away. And Chuckie's plan will certainly add more to the deficit than the tax cuts.

According to Chuckie's plan, they want to "take some of those tax breaks from the wealthiest Americans" and bring back the AMT...neither of those will come close to raising the $1T they will propose to spend, therefore they will have to acquire additional deficit funding. Second, there is already the Transportation Trust fund whose specific function is to maintain most of the infrastructure. Third, a lot of the proposed infrastructure plan is to add broadband to rural areas...something that is already happening through the private sector. Finally, we've already seen this in the the Dem playbook: Obama's "shovel-ready" spending spree which promised to fix infrastructure projects and create jobs...neither of those happened to the degree promised and ended up with billions just pissed away.

Ask yourself this: Had the Trump tax cuts not happened, would Chuck the shmuck be proposing this infrastructure plan now (or ever)?

Unlike you, I'm commenting on the proposal and trying to put forward an actual conversation topic instead of deriding others in a stupid attempt to show how smart you think you are. I know you are too afraid to actually respond to any topic more than your usual attack-and-hide tactic, so its pointless to respond to you because you refuse to be civil and actually have a conversation. It's really too bad, because I think you would likely offer something worthwhile to a conversation if you could tone down the anger and rhetoric and actually engage instead of walking into the elevator and farting then getting off at the next floor.

BOP

See if you can follow along...The proposal is increasing the tax on US (the people). Notice the first line ("And They Want $1 Trillion Of Your Money")....You are reading into what I said in your usual twisted way. Never did I say that the debt would be increased an additional $1T...maybe you should try to comprehend what is said and the inference it is trying to convey. Let me spoon feed it to you: If Trump's tax cuts adding $1T in additional debt is bad; then Chuckie commandeering that $1T on infrastructure is worse. People are already seeing the effect of the tax cuts in their paychecks, so Chuckie's plan would take that away. And Chuckie's plan will certainly add more to the deficit than the tax cuts.

According to Chuckie's plan, they want to "take some of those tax breaks from the wealthiest Americans" and bring back the AMT...neither of those will come close to raising the $1T they will propose to spend, therefore they will have to acquire additional deficit funding. Second, there is already the Transportation Trust fund whose specific function is to maintain most of the infrastructure. Third, a lot of the proposed infrastructure plan is to add broadband to rural areas...something that is already happening through the private sector. Finally, we've already seen this in the the Dem playbook: Obama's "shovel-ready" spending spree which promised to fix infrastructure projects and create jobs...neither of those happened to the degree promised and ended up with billions just pissed away.

Ask yourself this: Had the Trump tax cuts not happened, would Chuck the shmuck be proposing this infrastructure plan now (or ever)?

Unlike you, I'm commenting on the proposal and trying to put forward an actual conversation topic instead of deriding others in a stupid attempt to show how smart you think you are. I know you are too afraid to actually respond to any topic more than your usual attack-and-hide tactic, so its pointless to respond to you because you refuse to be civil and actually have a conversation. It's really too bad, because I think you would likely offer something worthwhile to a conversation if you could tone down the anger and rhetoric and actually engage instead of walking into the elevator and farting then getting off at the next floor.

The definition of insanity; we all know it. Well, rational people know it; democrats can't seem to recall.