Toshiba Satellite Google Docs

ginwoman

I have an older laptop Toshiba Satellite (don't be jealous). I use the Google Docs for typing letters and such. I have the opportunity to add Microsoft Office Standard. My question is, if I add Office to the computer (hoping to learn to do an excel spreadsheet) is it going to interfere with how the computer functions?

Starman

The biggest challenge you’ll have with older hardware is meeting the memory (RAM) requirements to run Office. And maybe hard disk space to install the bits

But assuming those requirements are met Office itself shouldn’t introduce any additional problems for you.

With that said, the Google Docs suite includes a spreadsheet too. Have you checked that to see if it will meet your requirements? Or is there a specific reason you will need Excel?

ginwoman

The biggest challenge you’ll have with older hardware is meeting the memory (RAM) requirements to run Office. And maybe hard disk space to install the bits

But assuming those requirements are met Office itself shouldn’t introduce any additional problems for you.

With that said, the Google Docs suite includes a spreadsheet too. Have you checked that to see if it will meet your requirements? Or is there a specific reason you will need Excel?

Dear Starman,

Please tell me how to find a spreadsheet in Google Docs. I have looked but can't find. I would be much obliged.

Starman

Dear Starman,

Please tell me how to find a spreadsheet in Google Docs. I have looked but can't find. I would be much obliged.

Sorry, google docs is the word processor. Google Sheets is the spreadsheet. But all part of the google cloud-based suite.