Danica Patrick

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because she's so hyped up, I thought she was a good racer. Nope. She's won one.

It's annoying that we are girl-powering a loser. I mean, yeah, it's cool that she races at all, but if we ladies want to go toe to toe with the mens, we have to bring it. Otherwise we're just little women trying to play with the big boys and getting a pat on the head. All the adulation she gets is patronizing and offensive.

Danica sweetie, not trying to be a bitch here but when the "trans" boys come do our sports they whip our asses. Just sayin'...

Midnightrider

It's annoying that we are girl-powering a loser. I mean, yeah, it's cool that she races at all, but if we ladies want to go toe to toe with the mens, we have to bring it. Otherwise we're just little women trying to play with the big boys and getting a pat on the head. All the adulation she gets is patronizing and offensive.

Danica sweetie, not trying to be a bitch here but when the "trans" boys come do our sports they whip our asses. Just sayin'...
Maybe you should send her a letter. I doubt she reads your forums

DEEKAYPEE8569

Obviously, you have never noticed her body parts......

danica_patrick.jpg

transporter

Umm you are a little late...her career (such that it was) is over. She's going to run Indy 500 and that's it for her. She lasted a lot longer than she should have. Either she wasn't a very good driver or her cars weren't very good. Given that the cars don't crash themselves...you gotta wonder.

The adulation is called marketing...she gets to stay in the driver's seat as long as she is selling t-shirt, hats, etc.

limblips

PREMO Member
When she made the Indy to NASCAR transition it was a marketing ploy (not just for her sponsors but NASCAR as well). If she looked like Ruth Bader Ginsburg you can rest assured she wouldn't have gotten to drive one of the little cars at the Shriners parade. As long as she was fun to look at and had a chance to win the fans and sponsors would be there. Eventually her year after year failure to perform at the top level wore down the fans and the sponsor money dried up she became a liability that was too big to ignore.

MiddleGround

Surprised the OP was not upset about the fact that she got the job, and held on to the job, purely because of her looks. She didn't even have talent in F1.

Furthermore, why did Bird Dog make a post, then edit it, then decide to delete it? Did someone find it offensive?

stgislander

PREMO Member
just another pretty face, with minimal talent

Not commenting on the "pretty face" part, but talent-wise she's right there with lower 1/2 of the current male Cup drivers. Her impact on the sport will not be her record, but on the number of young girls getting into racing today because of her racing at the top level.

MR47930

If I had a daughter I'd much rather her look up to Danica as a role model than any of the Kardashians or whatever other gossip mag "celebrities" are out there.

GregV814

Hey who is that NFL Middle linebacker??? Michelle O....something like that...makes Hacksaw Reynolds look like a girl scout...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I had a daughter I'd much rather her look up to Danica as a role model than any of the Kardashians or whatever other gossip mag "celebrities" are out there.

Fortunately we don't have to choose one or the other.

I have no real beef with Danica - shake your moneymaker, girl. It is patronizing and offensive, however, that she's touted as this race car driver when she's really just another woman who takes her clothes off for a living.