Al Gore Making Out like a Bandit

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Making Out like a Bandit

Buy by 2007, Gore’s wealth had skyrocketed. By that point he had a net worth “well in excess” of $100 million, including pre–public offering Google stock options, according to an article at Fast Company. MIT scientist Richard Lindzen declared that Gore wanted to become the world’s first “carbon billionaire.” After the Obama administration bloated climate and energy stimulus packages, Gore was on the path to that achievement.

By 2008, Gore was so flush that he announced a $300 million campaign to promote climate fears and so-called solutions. And he just kept raking it in. According to a 2012 Washington Post report, “14 green-tech firms in which Gore invested received or directly benefited from more than $2.5 billion in loans, grants and tax breaks, part of Obama’s historic push to seed a U.S. renewable-energy industry with public money.”

The Post explained that Gore “benefited from a powerful resume and a constellation of friends in the investment world and in Washington. And four years ago, his portfolio aligned smoothly with the agenda of an incoming administration and its plan to spend billions in stimulus funds on alternative energy. The recovering politician was pushing the right cause at the perfect time. Gore’s orbit extended deeply into the administration, with several former aides winning senior clean-energy posts.”

Book details Al Gore’s quest to become world’s first ‘carbon billionaire’ – ‘Lavishly’ profited off climate lobbying

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Al Gore always reminded me of the team manager - the little nerdy guy who picks up the dirty towels of the studly men and makes sure their Gatorade cups are full. He must have really hated being Clinton's VP.

SamSpade

Al Gore always reminded me of the team manager - the little nerdy guy who picks up the dirty towels of the studly men and makes sure their Gatorade cups are full. He must have really hated being Clinton's VP.

He sort of reminded me of Ted Baxter from the old Mary Tyler Moore show, except with slightly less obvious idiocy.
(He openly ridiculed Bush for being stupid - but his own college grades were not impressive.)
A blowhard who shows very little understanding of anything without having extensive rehearsing.
I wish I'd had a nickel for every time he'd tell someone like Tim Russert "well, I'll have to get back to you on that one Tim"
which translates to "I haven't got the faintest clue but someone on my staff will fill me in with what to say".
He, like many politicians, would not answer the question given but would answer the question he wanted asked -
leaving journalists with the challenge of either coming back and saying, what the hell or just nodding in agreement.