Schwarzenegger’s taking oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
AUSTIN, Texas — Arnold Schwarzenegger’s next mission: taking oil companies to court “for knowingly killing people all over the world.”

The former California governor and global environmental activist announced the move Sunday at a live recording of POLITICO’s Off Message podcast, recording here at the SXSW festival, revealing that he’s in talks with several private law firms and preparing a public push around the effort.

“This is no different from the smoking issue. The tobacco industry knew for years and years and years and decades, that smoking would kill people, would harm people and create cancer, and were hiding that fact from the people and denied it. Then eventually they were taken to court and had to pay hundreds of millions of dollars because of that,” Schwarzenegger said. “The oil companies knew from 1959 on, they did their own study that there would be global warming happening because of fossil fuels, and on top of it that it would be risky for people’s lives, that it would kill.”

Schwarzenegger to Sue Big Oil for ‘First Degree Murder’

:rolleyes:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Good luck with that, Ahnold...

Schwarzenegger used private jet for daily commutes to California’s governor’s mansion

Former GOP California governor and global warming activist Arnold Schwarzenegger came under fire for his near-daily private jet commute from his Brentwood home to the governor’s mansion in Sacramento. “The governor’s Gulf-stream jet does nearly as much damage to the environment in one hour as a small car does in a year,” the Los AngelesTimes reported in 2008. But not to worry, because “Schwarzenegger is well aware of this and makes amends by purchasing pollution credits for the carbon dioxide his jet releases.”

In 2016, former California governor and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger threatened climate skeptics on video: “Some politicians even want to shut down the EPA’s ability to regulate carbon. I would like to strap their mouth to the exhaust pipe of a truck, turn on the engine and let’s see how long it would take them to tap out.”68 Yes, you heard that correctly, the Terminator wants to terminate skeptics. In 2013 Schwarzenegger had threatened death to skeptics by the same method, saying he wished to “strap some conservative-thinking people to a tailpipe for an hour and then they will agree it’s (CO2 ) a pollutant!” Schwarzenegger was conflating carbon dioxide with carbon monoxide.

Schwarzenegger’s death wish is not the first time that climate skeptics have been threatened with deadly carbon monoxide—or that the warmists have demonstrated their confusion about which carbon compound it is that they are blaming for climate change. At a 2011 presentation at Aspen’s American Renewable Energy Day (AREDAY) summit, I was told to drive my car into a garage with the engine running and then close the doors. My attempts to explain the difference between carbon dioxide—a harmless trace essential gas we all exhale—and toxic carbon monoxide were without success.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How does one buy a "pollution credit"? Is there a store or something? And how much polluting will one credit buy me?