Gander Outdoor

glhs837

Power with Control
So, Gander Mountain went bankrupt. The store in Fredericksburg was reopened as a Gander Outdoors, since Camping World bought the stores and reopned some. Stopped in while down there to see DR Zahir for my back. What a selection of gun stuff. Bought two 25 round magazines for the 10/22. I havent looked at handguns since before the advent of single stack 9mms became a thing. Was really surprised at how thin they are.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Camping World CEO says Gander Mountain made a bad bet on guns

In a conference call to discuss earnings, Camping World Chairman and CEO Marcus Lemonis highlighted what he called a barrage of management mistakes from Gander Mountain that he referred to as “stupid.”

The blunt-spoken Lemonis — who stars in "The Profit," a CNBC reality show — said Gander Mountain overspent on inventory and expanded beyond all common sense into markets where they were cannibalizing their own customer base.

Betting big on weapons for the St. Paul, Minn.-based Gander Mountain, which billed itself as "America's Firearm Superstore," wounded the business beyond resurrection, Lemonis said.

Lemonis noted that the gun market isn’t stable and as soon as the President Barack Obama administration was succeeded by the current administration, gun sales plummeted.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I havent looked at handguns since before the advent of single stack 9mms became a thing. Was really surprised at how thin they are.

That's what I like so much about my Zastava M57. The single-stack mag leaves the gun very thin. The 7.62x25 rounds are not that much smaller than the 9mm.