First they come for the marihuana, now they come for the psilocybin

Starman

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/ne...-success-could-denver-legalize-mushrooms-next

Colorado blazed trails when it legalized pot and now Denver could lead the way decriminalizing magic mushrooms.

The group Denver for Psilocybin may soon have the all-clear to start gathering signatures so you can vote on it this fall.

Gathering at the steps of the Denver City and County building on Wednesday, the group — chanting at times, "free the spores!" — met with city leaders about their push to decriminalize psilocybin, also known as magic mushrooms.

Decriminalization would mean reducing the penalty for possession of psilocybin mushrooms. Colorado decriminalized marijuana long before the drug became legal for medicinal or recreational use.

PeoplesElbow

If it grows natural and stays in a natural state I don't really think it should be illegal. It's once the processing starts that it should become illegal.

Midnightrider

If it grows natural and stays in a natural state I don't really think it should be illegal. It's once the processing starts that it should become illegal.

I’m all for legalizing pretty much everything drug wise. We just need to have common sense, fact based drug education in schools. Exaggerating the addictive qualities of drugs has been the status quo and it hasn’t worked. Be honest, say this group (maybe weed, shrooms, and lsd etc) is fun but makes you unable to drive or make good decisions. The next is way fun but kind of addictive (probably put alcohol in that group). you would have the seriously additive drugs like the smack and coke. finally the stupid dangerous things like huffing propane or spray paint.

Freedom comes with personal responsibility

Chris0nllyn

Well, mushrooms are considered the safest drug.

Mushrooms are the safest of all the drugs people take recreationally, according to this year’s Global Drug Survey.

Of the more than 12,000 people who reported taking psilocybin hallucinogenic mushrooms in 2016, just 0.2% of them said they needed emergency medical treatment – a rate at least five times lower than that for MDMA, LSD and cocaine.

“Magic mushrooms are one of the safest drugs in the world,” said Adam Winstock, a consultant addiction psychiatrist and founder of the Global Drug Survey, pointing out that the bigger risk was people picking and eating the wrong mushrooms.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...-mushrooms-safest-recreational-drug-lsd#img-2

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not content to have everyone running around stoned, now Colorado wants everyone hallucinating as well.

:crazy:

That's what they get for luring all those California psychos to Vail and Aspen.

Hijinx

Not content to have everyone running around stoned, now Colorado wants everyone hallucinating as well.

:crazy:

That's what they get for luring all those California psychos to Vail and Aspen.

I can't figure out why Chris doesn't move there.