Tillerson Out, Pompeo In

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That writing has been on the wall for some time..Tillerson and Trump were definitely at odds on issues like how to deal with NK.

awpitt

Main Streeter
As was mentioned, Pompeo will replace Tillerson. Gina Haspel will replace Pompeo as head of the CIA.

This_person

Tillerson said two months ago he would be around for the whole year of 2018.

That said, I like the director of the CIA as a Sec State - why I liked Condi Rice's move to Sec State (yes, Sap, a black woman, and I liked her). I also like having a career CIA person in as the new head of CIA. How will Democrats spin a career CIA person, who happens to be a woman, as a bad thing?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I also like having a career CIA person in as the new head of CIA. How will Democrats spin a career CIA person, who happens to be a woman, as a bad thing?

Great choice IMO. Wimmin are so cold-hearted and ruthless. She'll be perfect for that job.

Midnightrider

yeah, I am sure there is nothing to see here.....
:sarcasm:

Yet another person who was seemingly an adult in the trump admin that either abandoned ship or got canned. I wonder what the real backstory is

This_person

Yet another person who was seemingly an adult in the trump admin that either abandoned ship or got canned. I wonder what the real backstory is

"Seemingly an adult in the Trump administration", yet, when he was nominated everyone said, "he's an oil guy - he has no business in the job!!"

I think the backstory is that he and Trump disagreed on a lot of stuff, and had different visions for policy. I heard that from a guy named "Trump" this morning.

"Rex and I have been talking about this for a long time. We got along actually quite well, but we disagreed on things," he said. "When you look at the Iran deal -- I think it's terrible. I guess he thought it was okay. I wanted to either break it or do something. And he felt a little bit differently. So we were not really thinking the same."​

transporter

No backstory...Tillerson never appeared to want the job in the first place. Have you ever seen a person who is supposed to be the TOP diplomatic representative of the United Stated ever look more uncomfortable talking to people?

Since Trump has no actual policy positions that last for more than a day or two, Tillerson had an impossible job. Since Trump was also hollowing out the State Department he had no help from within State.

Nope...no backstory here...all upfront and out in the open. Trump is incompetent and unfit as a leader and for the job of President. How do you serve as the emissary for a man who has no idea whatsoever what he is doing?

This_person

Since Trump has no actual policy positions that last for more than a day or two...

Trump is incompetent and unfit as a leader and for the job of President. How do you serve ... for a man who has no idea whatsoever what he is doing?

Keep repeating it. Maybe someday it will be true to someone besides you and a handful of others who ignore results.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since Trump has no actual policy positions that last for more than a day or two

:lol:

Wake up, little sleepyhead. There's a big world just waiting to be discovered!

Trump has been fairly consistent as to what he'd like to achieve. I'm guessing Tilllerson didn't see things that way, and as such shouldn't be in that position. If we recall, T-Rex was grimacing over Daddy speaking harshly to young Kim, but we'll note that the hammer tactic seems to have worked where traditional cajoling and bribing hasn't.

That's gotta leave a mark.

The way I see it, anyone who is stuck in the past and can't wrap their mind around a new way of doing things *should* jump ship. They can go sit in a rocker on the porch and reminisce about the good old days.

Sapidus

Keep repeating it. Maybe someday it will be true to someone besides you and a handful of others who ignore results.

“"I think he really will go down as one of the worst secretaries of State we've had," Eliot Cohen, counselor to the State Department under President George W. Bush, told Axios’s Jonathan Swan. “He will go down as the worst Secretary of State in history,” tweeted Ilan Goldenberg, an Obama-era State Department official.“

http://flip.it/X5_Omb

Sapidus

:lol:

Wake up, little sleepyhead. There's a big world just waiting to be discovered!

Trump has been fairly consistent as to what he'd like to achieve. I'm guessing Tilllerson didn't see things that way, and as such shouldn't be in that position. If we recall, T-Rex was grimacing over Daddy speaking harshly to young Kim, but we'll note that the hammer tactic seems to have worked where traditional cajoling and bribing hasn't.

That's gotta leave a mark.

The way I see it, anyone who is stuck in the past and can't wrap their mind around a new way of doing things *should* jump ship. They can go sit in a rocker on the porch and reminisce about the good old days.

Typical. Just because Trump said he would meet with Kim and the White House has since walked that back ( seemingly because they never talked on the phone unbeknownst to Trump) you still believe in your tiny mind Daddy has ended nuclear proliferation and brought about glory and peace.

You must just read Trumps tweets and nothing else the way you go on and on about all his non existing winning.