Wow, talk about a house divided...

SamSpade

It does look like it's all over but the crying. Word is, the uncounted absentee ballots are too few to make a difference.
I don't know PA election laws but elsewhere anything this close triggered a recount, but for a race with this few voters,
they may not have such a rule.

It might have been a tough choice to not vote for Lamb - he is for the tariffs, against gun control, personally opposes
abortion (a political position that may be pointless - I believe Hillary said the same). He is otherwise fairly moderate.
He does support Obamacare and opposes the tax cuts - sort of. He wanted middle class tax cuts but not for anyone else.

You know, the truth is, I am a registered Democrat - always have been - but it has gone far afield from when I
signed up in the 80's. I identified with the Blue Dogs, but I am not even sure they still exist - the whole party
has shifted as a whole further to the left. I could still vote for a conservative Democrat, but at this point I can't
see a conservative Democrat surviving in a party that eats its own if you don't toe the party line. I think any Blue Dog
elected now will eventually get booted - or will switch gears once ensconced.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I could still vote for a conservative Democrat, but at this point I can't
see a conservative Democrat surviving in a party that eats its own if you don't toe the party line. I think any Blue Dog

front of Drudge this AM - Rise of the Conservative Democrat

here us my take - except for Abortion, DNC starts running 'conservative' democrats to take [retake] more seats in the House / Senate to make things more difficult for GOP / Trump

the far left progressives still are in control of policy and message

transporter

It might have been a tough choice to not vote for Lamb - he is for the tariffs, against gun control, personally opposes
abortion (a political position that may be pointless - I believe Hillary said the same). He is otherwise fairly moderate.
He does support Obamacare and opposes the tax cuts - sort of. He wanted middle class tax cuts but not for anyone else.

In other words a candidate who fits his district and isn't some fringe freak. A moderate...how unique in today's bipolar country.

You know, the truth is, I am a registered Democrat - always have been - but it has gone far afield from when I
signed up in the 80's. I identified with the Blue Dogs, but I am not even sure they still exist - the whole party
has shifted as a whole further to the left. I could still vote for a conservative Democrat, but at this point I can't

Replace the word Democrat with Republican and the word conservative with liberal and you have a perfect description of the Republican party as well. And therein lies the basic political problem facing the country. We don't have moderates in charge. Moderates who can talk to each other. Moderates who don't treat every issue as a zero sum game. What we do have are two parties ruled by their extremes.

I wonder how much of the President's incompetent management style impacted last minute voters. The firing of Tillerson was, as all things Trump are, handled with Neolithic incompetence. Trump and the White House apparently lied about how the whole thing went down (Tillerson was apparently fired on Twitter). Trump doesn't even bother to call Tillerson until 3 hours after the tweet. Trump then fires the Undersecretary of State.

Trump is the epitome of a bully...all bluster but a complete coward. He can go on a fake TV show and pretend fire people...but he can't do it in person. This is our great "business leader"?

I have a great post politics idea for Trump...maybe he can buy the Yankees or the Patriots. He'd be a wonderful team owner....for the prospects of every other team in the sport!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Replace the word Democrat with Republican and the word conservative with liberal and you have a perfect description of the Republican party as well.

:yay:

I wonder how much of the President's incompetent management style impacted last minute voters. The firing of Tillerson was, as all things Trump are, handled with Neolithic incompetence. Trump and the White House apparently lied about how the whole thing went down (Tillerson was apparently fired on Twitter). Trump doesn't even bother to call Tillerson until 3 hours after the tweet. Trump then fires the Undersecretary of State.

Trump is the epitome of a bully...all bluster but a complete coward. He can go on a fake TV show and pretend fire people...but he can't do it in person. This is our great "business leader"?

ya just CANNOT Help yourself ... just have to bring up Trump in EVERY Post

SamSpade

The firing of Tillerson was, as all things Trump are, handled with Neolithic incompetence.

He's insulted his boss and called him a moron. Most workplaces that would get you fired in a cold second.
Trump gave him eight more months.

I'd say he was well past his expiration date.

Hijinx

It does look like it's all over but the crying. Word is, the uncounted absentee ballots are too few to make a difference.
I don't know PA election laws but elsewhere anything this close triggered a recount, but for a race with this few voters,
they may not have such a rule.

You are right, once they get him seated and Chuck the Schmuck gives him the ground rules he will vote with the Borg.

Hijinx

:yay:

ya just CANNOT Help yourself ... just have to bring up Trump in EVERY Post

I was going to say exactly as you. This thread is about another Democrat and his possible win , but poor brain sick Tranny just cannot get Trump out of what she uses for a mind for a minute.
Pretty pathetic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You are right, once they get him seated and Chuck the Schmuck gives him the ground rules he will vote with the Borg.

This.

If Pennsylvanians think they are getting a conservative, boy have they got a surprise coming.

Midnightrider

He's insulted his boss and called him a moron. Most workplaces that would get you fired in a cold second.
Trump gave him eight more months.

I'd say he was well past his expiration date.

i thought that moron comment was supposed to be fake news...... now it is real and a reason trump shold have fired tillerson?
How about the implications of it being real? You know, that a guy who is apparently extremely sharp, business savvy and has perosnal saying that trump is a moron. Thats pretty daming.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Essentially, you just described Trump. In short, Lamb ran on being Trump with few differences.

Lamb made all sorts of promises to "guarantee and protect" various union pensions; seemed like one his biggest platform elements. I didn't understand that; is he proposing to cover union pensions with public money??

This_person

Lamb made all sorts of promises to "guarantee and protect" various union pensions; seemed like one his biggest platform elements. I didn't understand that; is he proposing to cover union pensions with public money??

Yes.

The bipartisan group led by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) introduced a new bill that would use excess funds meant for mine cleanups and borrow some general Treasury money to pay for pension checks.

The effort revives the heated debate over whether and how to bail out the United Mine Workers of America’s (UMWA) pension fund, which is in danger of going insolvent due to a rash of coal mining company bankruptcies that have reduced the money going into it, putting more than 100,000 beneficiaries at risk.

Since the pension program originated from a federal government effort, coal-state lawmakers see it as a federal responsibility to keep it solvent.

“It’s time that we keep our promise, that’s all we’re asking for,” Manchin, who is running next year in one of the Senate’s toughest reelection battles, said at a Capitol Hill news conference with retired miners and allied lawmakers.

“We’ve got to fix this, and we’ve got to make sure that we take care of the people who paid for it,” he said.

Pete

Repete
I could still vote for a conservative Democrat, but at this point I can't
I can see tis as reasonable. the problem is Lamb has positioned himself against Pelosi and the far left. Problem is Pelosi is their leader and he will tow the line or be beaten down, abused housed in the back closet and assigned to the House Select Committee on Dog Crap abatement.

PsyOps

Pixelated
This.

If Pennsylvanians think they are getting a conservative, boy have they got a surprise coming.

And I expect this to the the dem's tactic for this next election. They are going to prop up young, good looking candidates that will pose as conservatives or quasi-conservatives, then flip once in office.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And I expect this to the the dem's tactic for this next election. They are going to prop up young, good looking candidates that will pose as conservatives or quasi-conservatives, then flip once in office.

Yep. And once they're in there, you can never get rid of them.

Hijinx

Next State of the Union he will be sitting with the rest of the Democrats when real Americans would have stood.