Just Because YOU Call Yourself a Woman ...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ariel Hawkins claims in a new lawsuit, obtained by TMZ, a few days ago she edited her profile to disclose that she was a pre-op trans woman. She says Tinder immediately deleted her account. She says the company sent her email saying she violated its terms of service ... but didn't point her to any term and refused to explain the basis for the rejection.

[clip]

Hawkins adds she's on Tinder to find love like so many others, but because it "refuses to provide transgender individuals full and equal access to its app" and has banned her ... she's being cheated of that chance.

In the lawsuit, filed by Mark Geragos and Ben Meiselas, Hawkins is asking a judge for an order prohibiting Tinder from discriminating against non-cisgender Oregon users.

We reached out to Tinder ... so far, no word back.

Tinder Sued By Transgender Woman ... You Won't Let Us In!!!

if Tinder is already on shaky ground, let a few doz males find out the lined up a date with a trans .. and watch the use crater

PS: Tinder IS NOT a DATING App ... its for hookups

glhs837

Power with Control
So, do they have a "Other, see details secion for plumbing specifics" category in the gender selections? Seems a pretty simple fix to add that.

Clem72

So, do they have a "Other, see details secion for plumbing specifics" category in the gender selections? Seems a pretty simple fix to add that.

Haven't personally used it, but I thought the whole Tender thing was swiping left/right based entirely on looks. You wouldn't see a details section unless you matched (if at all).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mark Geragos

There's that name again.

I think as long as s/he says straight (ha) out that s/he's trans and what stage, there shouldn't be a problem. It's the little surprises that have a way of turning out bad for everyone involved. They probably deleted its profile because s/he didn't disclose it right off the bat.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Haven't personally used it, but I thought the whole Tender thing was swiping left/right based entirely on looks. You wouldn't see a details section unless you matched (if at all).
you can see an individual's profile, you just can't message them/PM them until you've both matched.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We bow to your superior knowedge of the hookup app :)

:shrug: I'm 30. Almost every person I know around my age has used it at some point. And I know people who found their husband/wife off that thing, so I don't always like to see it as a hook up app.

glhs837

Power with Control
:shrug: I'm 30. Almost every person I know around my age has used it at some point. And I know people who found their husband/wife off that thing, so I don't always like to see it as a hook up app.

And I know people who found thier forever spouse on a one night stand, which doesnt mean that it wasnt a one night stand to start. :) I'm not knocking Tinder, just recognizing it for what it is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Nothing wrong with a hook up. You gotta take that thing for a test drive before you buy, right?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They should have a trans dating app. It would make it easier for them to maybe find someone.

:nono:

there was an article out last yr, some 'trans' woman that got all pissy because straight men wouldn't date her ...

... [stomping foot] but I'm a woman