Justice Department announces bump stock ban

Chris0nllyn

Today the Department of Justice submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the definition of “machinegun” in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act includes bump stock type devices, and that federal law accordingly prohibits the possession, sale, or manufacture of such devices.

"President Trump is absolutely committed to ensuring the safety and security of every American and he has directed us to propose a regulation addressing bump stocks,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions. “To that end, the Department of Justice has submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the National Firearms and Gun Control Act defines ‘machinegun’ to include bump stock type devices.”

This submission is a formal requirement of the regulatory review process. Once approved by the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of Justice will seek to publish this notice as expeditiously as possible.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...otice-proposed-regulation-banning-bump-stocks

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So they'll be able to say they "did something".. and that's all. Won't be long before all the manipulated kids will be back in school, the gun ban legislation will have failed iserably, a couple tweeks to NICS reporting will be implemented, and we can all go on our way.

PeoplesElbow

So instead of a bump stock someone now makes a bump vest that doesn't attach to the gun. I don't see this being too hard to do.

black dog

Free America
What a joke and a huge waste of Taxpayer money.

See if they rewrite this,. LOL
Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

Last edited:

Hijinx

What a joke and a huge waste of Taxpayer money.

See if they rewrite this,. LOL
Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger.

My brother had an old Winchester shotgun. You cocked it by pushing the barrel toward the stock.
I know it was damaged, but you couldn't fire just one shot with it. When you pulled the trigger it emptied.

black dog

Free America
My brother had an old Winchester shotgun. You cocked it by pushing the barrel toward the stock.
I know it was damaged, but you couldn't fire just one shot with it. When you pulled the trigger it emptied.

I witnessed a brand new USA made AK empty a thirty rounder the first time, scared the crap out of the man that owned it. After he calmed down he went through a few mag dumps and then took it back to the store he had just bought it from.
He was back at the club a few weeks later and he said the gun store gutted the lower and sent it back to the manufacturer. The receiver was replaced with all new insides.
I had a Para Ordnance P14 limited do it to my son a few years back. I took it to a local 1911 guru and he fit a new sear and I was back in business.

black dog

Free America
So instead of a bump stock someone now makes a bump vest that doesn't attach to the gun. I don't see this being too hard to do.

Zillions of old Winchester pump 22's were designed for when you pulled the trigger back and hold it, you could just cycle the pump handle and they would fire until the tube was empty.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Zillions of old Winchester pump 22's were designed for when you pulled the trigger back and hold it, you could just cycle the pump handle and they would fire until the tube was empty.

I had a Winchester 1906 .22 LR that my father taught all us kids to shoot with back in the day. I remember him demonstrating this technique once. I'd forgotten about this until you brought it up. It's now in my son's collection.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Interesting. I wonder if the Remington 22 pump I grew up with would function that way; I certainly don't recall ever trying that.

Midnightrider

So they'll be able to say they "did something".. and that's all. Won't be long before all the manipulated kids will be back in school, the gun ban legislation will have failed iserably, a couple tweeks to NICS reporting will be implemented, and we can all go on our way.

not 'they'. TRUMP will be able to say he did something. Those kids aren't going anywhere. After the next shooting and some more outrage from the public trump feel the need to do something else.
he already put raising the age to 21 and banning some guns on the table. That's your boy.

Hijinx

not 'they'. TRUMP will be able to say he did something. Those kids aren't going anywhere. After the next shooting and some more outrage from the public trump feel the need to do something else.
he already put raising the age to 21 and banning some guns on the table. That's your boy.

Show me a person who goes into politics and I will show you a person that has to make compromises to stay there.
It's a damned shame. but it's a fact of life in the the political game.

black dog

Free America
Interesting. I wonder if the Remington 22 pump I grew up with would function that way; I certainly don't recall ever trying that.

I don't know about the Remington's back then, I know many of the Winchesters would because one of the Schneider brothers from Atlantic guns collected them when he was younger because they were plentiful and reasonably priced back then. There were so many different models way back, from smooth bore gallery 22 shorts from the carnivals to Target models.

black dog

Free America

President Trump's not in the Legislative Branch silly..
Here I'll help you..
[video=youtube_share;tyeJ55o3El0]https://youtu.be/tyeJ55o3El0[/video]