Teacher allegedly feeds live puppy to snapping turtle as students watch

black dog

Free America
Feeding a puppy to a snapping turtle is NOT the "circle of life".

Seems to be the same as dropping crickets into the snake or lizard cage, or dropping goldfish in the tank for the Oscars to eat.. or us to use a weapon to harvest an animal to eat.

nutz

Seems to be the same as dropping crickets into the snake or lizard cage, or dropping goldfish in the tank for the Oscars to eat.. or us to use a weapon to harvest an animal to eat.

Damn, you really had to go there? :whistle:

Chris0nllyn

You're right. In terms of one thing dies to feed another, you're (and GURPS) are correct. It is the true circle of life. My apologies.

Assuming the allegations are true, I just don't believe this is right.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Assuming the allegations are true, I just don't believe this is right.

while it might have been disturbing to some to watch ...
... how is this any different than a lion on TV shredding a Gazelle for lunch

I'm not going to get wrapped up in the 'it's a puppy' sensationalism

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Because that turtle didn't catch the puppy and do the nature thing; the puppy was fed to it by a crazy sadistic teacher who likes to traumatize pre-teens.

You all defending this are some sick individuals.

Hijinx

IMO, it was a pretty ignorant thing to do.

Some kids were probably traumatized by this.

Maybe they should take a day off from school and have a march for the puppy.

black dog

Free America

I'm not going to get wrapped up in the 'it's a puppy' sensationalism

Some folks didn't grow up in a household that watched National Geographic each week and subscribed to the monthly magazine or spend enough time in nature with their dad.

black dog

Free America
Because that turtle didn't catch the puppy and do the nature thing; the puppy was fed to it by a crazy sadistic teacher who likes to traumatize pre-teens.

Lol... You're funny, you can run off the mouth about killing humans in the blink of a eye, but Kirk out about feeding one animal to another..
What makes it really funny, I'd bet that you have done neither.
Enjoy your chicken or beef for dinner... Or better yet fish, because they tend to languish for hours sometimes before they die....

black dog

Free America

Because nothing died and was tossed in the grinder to feed your four legged family members..
Here you do a test with your dog Toto, don't feed him for 10-12 days, and then toss him a live baby bunny.. see how it works out..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
don't feed him for 10-12 days

Yeah, I'm not going to do that.

Normally one feeds the class turtle raw hamburger, not live puppies. And you're not going to change my mind about how barbaric that is, especially doing it in front of kids.

black dog

Free America

Normally one feeds the class turtle raw hamburger, not live puppies. And you're not going to change my mind about how barbaric that is, especially doing it in front of kids.

You would be shocked at what a kid sees and does on a farm that raises anything that drinks water.

black dog

Free America

Because you know what will happen to the bunny...