Larry Kudlow - Trump's new economic advisor

Chris0nllyn

Larry Kudlow will be the next director of the National Economic Council, succeeding Gary Cohn as President Donald Trump’s top economic adviser, the White House confirmed Wednesday.

Kudlow, a committed free trader and former Democrat who served in the Reagan administration, is expected to start in the next few days. He will immediately find himself in conflict with Trump advisers who have strong protectionist tendencies, including trade adviser Peter Navarro and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.

Kudlow would likely have to push to protect the North American Free Trade Agreement in the White House.

Kudlow briefly fell out of favor after sharply criticizing Trump’s decision to impose tariffs on steel and aluminum imports. But as Trump dismissed other candidates, including Cohn’s deputy Shahira Knight, Kudlow’s stock rose again and the pair began speaking over the weekend.

It will be the latest high-profile job for Kudlow, who served as an economist at the New York Federal Reserve and at the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan before a career on Wall Street including serving as chief economist at Bear Stearns.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/14/trump-taps-larry-kudlow-to-be-top-economic-adviser-462049

SamSpade

Saw him on TV regarding tariffs. The gist of it is, he doesn't like them but he's good with them as short term leverage.

Which frankly I think is all Trump is after.

transporter

Larry Kudlow in his own words:

From December 2007: https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/kudlows-money-politics/bush-boom-continues-larry-kudlow/ (of course the economy had already rolled over by then and the stock market too)

Kudlow is just a cheerleader...he has no formal economic background...no degree. He is a politician, a TV barker, a side show freak. When it comes to economics, he is the guy everyone points to and laughs at...he is the perfect fit for CNBC and probably this White House.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

From December 2007: https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/kudlows-money-politics/bush-boom-continues-larry-kudlow/ (of course the economy had already rolled over by then and the stock market too)

Kudlow is just a cheerleader...he has no formal economic background...no degree. He is a politician, a TV barker, a side show freak. When it comes to economics, he is the guy everyone points to and laughs at...he is the perfect fit for CNBC and probably this White House.

You're just mad because they didn't pick you.

Hijinx

I don't know Kudlow from Kudzu, but to get where he is when he is the one that people like you point to and laugh says a lot for him.
I realize that people without degree's and side show freaks don't mean much to you people who think you know it all, but a lot of people without degree are pretty smart folks.

SamSpade

Yeah. Even you could do a LITTLE more research than that, but I did hear one commentator on TV chastise
another who assumed his entire career was spent talking about economics on TV.

Starman

Well he did quit grad school before finishing his degree. How he ended up at Bear Stearns and later the NY Fed is beyond me.

More power to him I reckon.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well he did quit grad school before finishing his degree. How he ended up at Bear Stearns and later the NY Fed is beyond me.

More power to him I reckon.

One of the most amazingly talented mechanical designers and hydrodynamicists I ever had work for me never completed his BS degree 40 years ago. Same goes for the most brilliant software and electronic design guy that ever worked for me, for that matter..heck VEDA formed an entire product spinoff division based on his creations, before he even came to work for me.

Some of the brightest and most capable are bogged down too much by the plug and chug of a typical degree path.

Starman

One of the most amazingly talented mechanical designers and hydrodynamicists I ever had work for me never completed his BS degree 40 years ago. Same goes for the most brilliant software and electronic design guy that ever worked for me, for that matter..heck VEDA formed an entire product spinoff division based on his creations, before he even came to work for me.

Some of the brightest and most capable are bogged down too much by the plug and chug of a typical degree path.

Cool story bruh.

SamSpade

I'm guessing the idea here is that you're not an economist unless you're part of academia - and frankly, if you're solely an academic,
your expertise as an economic adviser is probably not useful.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Your sociopathy is showing.

It always does. He's always one step ahead of the guys with the big butterfly nets. But he knows he's a God.

Until his worthless arse gets banned again and has to slink back in with yet another screen name. :yay: