Verizon dsl vs metrocast

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Why don't you call Metrocast?
They know what services they offer and their pricing?

Or, since you have web access go to Metrocast.com
Put in your zip code...

MiddleGround

For others of us that still have DSL, can you get Metrocast Internet without cable TV?

I ran into this issue. My suggestion is to go to the Metrocast office and sign up. If you call the CS phone, you will get 'pressured' into getting TV service as well and might even be told you can't have one without the other. The folks in the office care more about getting you as a customer and will accommodate your request for Internet only service.

bullet

Thanks for metrocast assist

Is it true it cost hundreds of dollars to hook up to metrocast internet?

Thank you everyone. Yes, metrocast is wired in the neighborhood. I was told, did not do my own research, that there was a cost to dig a trench and lay cable to the house. The web site is ok, but not best. Yes, "I" would call metrocast and talk to a warm body, and ask these pertinent questions, but at the mercy of supporting someone trying to do the task themselves. Just trying to get good info without rocking the boat to a full-blown capsize.
Thanks again....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Thank you everyone. Yes, metrocast is wired in the neighborhood. I was told, did not do my own research, that there was a cost to dig a trench and lay cable to the house. The web site is ok, but not best. Yes, "I" would call metrocast and talk to a warm body, and ask these pertinent questions, but at the mercy of supporting someone trying to do the task themselves. Just trying to get good info without rocking the boat to a full-blown capsize.
Thanks again....

If they need to run cable to your house, there is a cost to run it to the house if it doesn't already. At my old house, this entailed digging a trench for the cable from the road to the house and was a couple of hundred dollars.

Where I just moved to a couple of weeks ago, the installation was free (normally 99.95) as part of their current promotion good through April. You choose which services you want - cable, internet, and phone. We got the cable and internet bundle for $99.99 a month for 12 months. Have our own modem so we don't pay the $8 a month charge for renting one.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I have Metrocast internet without cable, in Lexington Park.

Just curious.... Did you get any hassle for only wanting Internet? Did they have a higher a la carte price for Internet versus if it's part of a bundle? I'm thinking of dropping my cable and keeping Internet and going with YouTube TV, Sling or one of the other streaming services.

mitzi

Just curious.... Did you get any hassle for only wanting Internet? Did they have a higher a la carte price for Internet versus if it's part of a bundle? I'm thinking of dropping my cable and keeping Internet and going with YouTube TV, Sling or one of the other streaming services.

I'm sure it's cheaper with the bundle. They didn't hassle me when I dropped the TV service.