Trump was working with sanctioned Russian bank during the election -Felix Slater

Sapidus

According to middleman Felix Slayer

Felix Sater, a Russian-born businessman and associate of President Donald Trump, confirmed Friday that the Trump Organization was pursuing a deal with a sanctioned Russian bank at the height of the 2016 election.
The company was trying to secure financing for a Trump Tower in Moscow from Russia's VTB Bank through a local developer.
The US imposed sanctions on VTB in 2014 and 2015, which froze its assets in the country and blocked US entities from doing business with the bank.“

Apparently the Trump financial records revealed this to Mueller last week.

Guess those charges for Trump are closer than those for Hillary.

http://www.businessinsider.com/feli...with-sanctioned-russian-bank-2018-3?r=UK&IR=T

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
According to middleman Felix Slayer

Felix Sater, a Russian-born businessman and associate of President Donald Trump, confirmed Friday that the Trump Organization was pursuing a deal with a sanctioned Russian bank at the height of the 2016 election.
The company was trying to secure financing for a Trump Tower in Moscow from Russia's VTB Bank through a local developer.
The US imposed sanctions on VTB in 2014 and 2015, which froze its assets in the country and blocked US entities from doing business with the bank.“

Apparently the Trump financial records revealed this to Mueller last week.

Guess those charges for Trump are closer than those for Hillary.

http://www.businessinsider.com/feli...with-sanctioned-russian-bank-2018-3?r=UK&IR=T

If you would read the “whole” article. The Trump organization was working with a middle man to obtain financing that contacted the bank.....sheesh

On Friday, Sater told MSNBC host Chris Hayes that a local developer in Russia worked on behalf of the Trump Organization to secure financing for a Trump Tower in Moscow from VTB Bank, Russia's second-largest bank and a US-sanctioned entity.

"I had a local developer there [in Russia], and I had the Trump Organization here [in the US], and I was in the middle," Sater said. "And the local developer there would have gotten financing from VTB and/or another Russian bank, but VTB at that point was the go-to bank for real-estate development."

Last edited:

Sapidus

If you would read the “whole” article. The Trump organization was working with a middle man to obtain financing that contacted the bank.....sheesh

On Friday, Sater told MSNBC host Chris Hayes that a local developer in Russia worked on behalf of the Trump Organization to secure financing for a Trump Tower in Moscow from VTB Bank, Russia's second-largest bank and a US-sanctioned entity.

"I had a local developer there [in Russia], and I had the Trump Organization here [in the US], and I was in the middle," Sater said. "And the local developer there would have gotten financing from VTB and/or another Russian bank, but VTB at that point was the go-to bank for real-estate development."

So your point is that as long as there is a middleman US sanctions should be ignored?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
So your point is that as long as there is a middleman US sanctions should be ignored?

No, my point is that you should read the whole article and come up with an intelligent comment about it, instead of blasting BS headlines....

The title of your post is "Trump was working with sanctioned Russian bank during the election" which is not true.....genius

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
No, my point is that you should read the whole article and come up with an intelligent comment about it, instead of blasting BS headlines....

The title of your post is "Trump was working with sanctioned Russian bank during the election" which is not true.

Concur.

--- End of line (MCP)

Midnightrider

The title of your post is "Trump was working with sanctioned Russian bank during the election" which is not true.....genius
Except that trump would have most likely known that he would be working with VTC. Slater indicated he would, or maybe even has, cooperate fully with mueller. I imagine there may be some emails that tell the financing story......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Except that trump would have most likely known that he would be working with VTC. Slater indicated he would, or maybe even has, cooperate fully with mueller. I imagine there may be some emails that tell the financing story......

Yes, I’m waiting for the indictment on that and Russian collusion anyday now......

Snooooooooozzzzzzzze!

Midnightrider

Yes, I’m waiting for the indictment on that and Russian collusion anyday now......

Snooooooooozzzzzzzze!
I am sure you would feel the same way if Hillary was one man away from making a deal with a sanctioned Russian bank during the campaign :bigwhoop: