Do you ever wonder why...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
...folks who drive a mid - small size vehicle will swing wide on turns like they are operating a manure spreader?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have to make a hard right U-turn into my driveway that runs parallel to the main road. I don't swoop way out to the lft, but it's too tight to make the turn from the shoulder.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I no longer wonder why people suck at driving.

I do think we, as a nation, need to reconsider transportation for our older citizens. Not that they are our more reckless drivers - sorry, 20-something males, that honor still belongs to you psychos - but they do appear to have difficulty maneuvering because of physical limitations, plus they no longer have nerves of steel. And yet what's the alternative? Their kids/grandkids don't live nearby to drive them, you can't just walk down to the market or the doctor anymore, they charge outrageous prices for home help...

Someone needs to start a "Rent-A-Grandkid" business. Not little grandkids, but 20- and 30-somethings who can do the things we used to do for our grandparents back in the day.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I no longer wonder why people suck at driving.

I do think we, as a nation, need to reconsider transportation for our older citizens. Not that they are our more reckless drivers - sorry, 20-something males, that honor still belongs to you psychos - but they do appear to have difficulty maneuvering because of physical limitations, plus they no longer have nerves of steel. And yet what's the alternative? Their kids/grandkids don't live nearby to drive them, you can't just walk down to the market or the doctor anymore, they charge outrageous prices for home help...

Someone needs to start a "Rent-A-Grandkid" business. Not little grandkids, but 20- and 30-somethings who can do the things we used to do for our grandparents back in the day.

So you wanna put Grampa and Gramma in the car with the 20 something drivers that drive like their hair is on fire?

The coronaries will solve the older driver problem! :lmao:

Grumpy

By backing into a parking space it makes it safer pulling out of a parking space

In most cases there are spots within yards where you can pull through spots to have your nose pointing out, but let me hold up the whole parking lot for 20 minutes while I figure out how to back up.

stgislander

PREMO Member
...folks who drive a mid - small size vehicle will swing wide on turns like they are operating a manure spreader?

I saw someone do that the other day but for a very specific reason. While turning left, he swung wide right and put his tires just over the solid white line. His purpose was to either block the shoulder, or to slow anyone behind him trying to pass him on the shoulder.

Grumpy

.. put his tires just over the solid white line. His purpose was to either block the shoulder, or to slow anyone behind him trying to pass him on the shoulder.

Careful, you are gonna start another 'solid white line' thread for the umpteenth time out here.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I always wonder why it takes 10 minutes for some woman to fit her little Honda into a space big enough for a UPS van.

....or the big fat slobs that need some exercise waiting 10 minutes blocking everyone for the old couple pulling out of the closest spot to the store

PeoplesElbow

Dumbass from this morning

IMG_20180318_093324410.jpg

Last edited: