It’s back to tax-and-spend for the Garden State

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Murphy called for $1.6 billion in new or increased taxes and $2.7 billion in new spending, a 4.2 percent jump in outlays. But it’s all OK, says Murphy, because it represents “investment” — with taxpayers’ money.

“I don’t think anyone could have anticipated this level of tax increases,” said the clearly shocked Senate minority leader, Tom Kean Jr.

Murphy made no bones about it, either: “We’re digging out of an eight-year narrative that was all about gutting government spending.”

In other words, the days of at least some fiscal responsibility under Republican Chris Christie are over. Now it’s time for Garden Staters to empty their wallets.

Indeed, Murphy proposed a host of new social programs without giving any hint of how he plans to pay for them all.

In the process, he wants to hike the state sales tax back to where it was before Christie cut it to partly compensate for raising the gasoline tax.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/17/its-back-to-tax-and-spend-for-the-garden-state/

PsyOps

Pixelated
I warned that this would happen. This is an effort to give the effect that they receive no tax cut from the Trump cuts. Come election time, and people are still feeling the pain in their wallets, democrats will go "see, that Trump tax cut didn't work after all".

transporter

I warned that this would happen. This is an effort to give the effect that they receive no tax cut from the Trump cuts. Come election time, and people are still feeling the pain in their wallets, democrats will go "see, that Trump tax cut didn't work after all".

Can you read???

If so you might want to actually try using that skill on GURPS post.

Hijinx

What else did New Jersey expect?

The democrat platform this year for the 2018 Mid-terms is RAISE TAXES.