GMHS shooting press conference

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hotline if you have information: 1-800-CALLFBI

Sheriff Cameron speaking:

Austin Wyatt Rollins, a student at the school, produced handgun and shot two students, a 14 year old male and 16 year old female.

SRO Blaine Gaskill engaged shooter, fired at shooter.

A prior relationship existed between shooter and female shooter, they believe that was the motive.

Male victim at MedStar in stable condition.

Female victim at PG in critical condition with life-threatening injuries.

Shooter deceased.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SMCPS Superintendent Smith:

Truly our worst fear, investigating and trying to understand.

Evacuated 1400 students to LHS.

Resources available to help through the trauma.

Excellent communication, SRO did exactly as he should have.

Great Mills High School closed tomorrow, may be closed throughout the week.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sheriff Cameron:

A spate of social media threats throughout the state that were responded to.

SRO Gaskill unharmed, will do everything to support him.

Investigating where/how the shooter got the gun.

ATF has initiated an emergency trace on gun.

Less than a minute to SRO response time.

School surveillance videos are being examined.

Shooter had a relationship with the girl; male victim appears to be a random bystander wrong place wrong time

Shooter's family is cooperating.

No pre-incident signs or warning.

Glock semi weapon used in the shooting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sheriff Cameron:

Shooter shot female student
SRO engaged less than a minute later
Shooter fired almost simultaneously as SRO, possible suicide.

Concluded. They'll be updating Twitter and FB throughout the day.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Press conference over and thread open for comment.

Pertinent takeaway: they're determining whether the shooter was shot by the SRO or shot himself. Does not appear to be random shooting but a personal attack against the female victim.

Not sure where or how shooter got the gun.

Last edited:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Vrai did you know they've closed the state drug treatment facilities to teens in MD recently because of Marijuana legalization and, as we know, they've closed mental hospitals.

Not that it's related.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Gov. Hogan says we need more mental health facilities and school safety officers.
What we DO NOT need are more restrictive guns laws on neither the Federal OR State level. Make the age requirements 18 and up. 18, because if our kids can serve in the armed forces/defend our Country, they should be permitted to carry a firearm. Everyone else should undergo a thorough background investigation; including a psyche evaluation.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vrai did you know they've closed the state drug treatment facilities to teens in MD recently because of Marijuana legalization and, as we know, they've closed mental hospitals.

Not that it's related.

:mad: :huggy:

Midnightrider

You have got to give Cameron a lot of credit. He seemed very forthcoming with all the info he had and stopped just short of guessing at what happened

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You have got to give Cameron a lot of credit. He seemed very forthcoming with all the info he had and stopped just short of guessing at what happened

The media was definitely trying to lead him, though. Good for him that he didn't take that bait.

My mole says the presser was delayed because they had to wait for the politicians to arrive. Make of that what you will.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The media was definitely trying to lead him, though. Good for him that he didn't take that bait.

My mole says the presser was delayed because they had to wait for the politicians to arrive. Make of that what you will.

The sheriff is no dummy.

transporter

Politicians now grandstanding and playing their reindeer games.

And exact the same bullsh!t is on here...same stupid arguments that go nowhere.

Another young male with a firearm walks into a school...same damned story...same damned result...and not one of you care. GURPS and the rest of the right wing crew are elated that they get to claim to be Patriots and grandstand for their 2A rights...over the bodies of more high schoolers. How long did it take you all to start in with your political bullsh!t? Looks like less than 2 hours...GURPS in all his asinine glory looks to have the first link at 1:22...he must be so proud.

What a country we live in. As I have said before...you all should just be ashamed of yourselves.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Another young male with a firearm walks into a school...same damned story...same damned result...and not one of you care. GURPS and the rest of the right wing crew are elated that they get to claim to be Patriots and grandstand for their 2A rights...over the bodies of more high schoolers. How long did it take you all to start in with your political bullsh!t? Looks like less than 2 hours...GURPS in all his asinine glory looks to have the first link at 1:22...he must be so proud.

What a country we live in. As I have said before...you all should just be ashamed of yourselves.

:lmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

We have to talk. I really need to know how it came to be that you are so infatuated with GURPS and ignore me completely. I'm hurt...I'm wounded...my self-esteem is shattered. Please...please come back to me. I'll give better back rubs in the future..I promise.