You're proving the president's point ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You’re not going to find a defense here of Trump’s stupid response. His tweet is obviously below the dignity of his office. But what’s far more interesting (to me at least) is how some people with top-level security clearances have reacted to his note of celebration. They have responded not with the criticism it deserves, but with what sounds an awful lot like a veiled threat of extortion.

Former CIA chief and noted perjurer John Brennan responded to the president Saturday with a tweet that read, “When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.”

Former U.S. ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power responded with an ominous-sounding note: “Not a good idea to piss off John Brennan.”

Why is it “not a good idea?” Does Brennan have covert dirt on the president? Will he try to get revenge? Will Brennan prove the president’s entire point about unethical actors in the intelligence community correct?

If the idea here is to push back on the president’s criticisms of the intelligence community, treating its current and former chiefs like volatile, punitive hatchet men is the exact wrong way to go about it.

You're proving the president's point when you talk about the intel chiefs like they're vengeful hatchet men

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CIA and President trading barbs on Twitter.

Is it just me that finds this hysterical? :roflmao:

And honestly, I find John Brennan's language way more offensive and alarming than anything Trump has posted. These people are ####ing scary and need to be gone. That he was a CIA chief is chilling.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And honestly, I find John Brennan's language way more offensive and alarming than anything Trump has posted. These people are ####ing scary and need to be gone. That he was a CIA chief is chilling.

Not surprising.

Brennan was a communist in the 70s.

Hijinx

Brennan, Comey, Mueller, McCabe, Loretta Lynch, Eric Holder, Hillary and Obama.
Pretty chilling that America was under the authority of any of these and that does not even include the dildo's in Congress.