Warning! The homes and town houses are coming behind Food Lion in CH. SIGN IS UP!!!!

mudpuddle

The sign is on Mt Wolf Rd about .2 miles before you get to White Dr. (that is turning on to Mr. Wolf Rd from Rt. 5) The sign tells you how many houses, and shows a map! Go check it out!

Hijinx

The sign is on Mt Wolf Rd about .2 miles before you get to White Dr. (that is turning on to Mr. Wolf Rd from Rt. 5) The sign tells you how many houses, and shows a map! Go check it out!

What is going up where McKay was going to build a new store.?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Shouldn't the property owner be able to do as they wish with their property as long as they comply with the laws and ordinances placed upon them? Maybe to stop the unwanted development you could buy the property to do with it as you desire.

mudpuddle

I'm just wondering how the deal went through, without them having to do any road improvements to Mt. Wolf Rd, to handle all the incoming traffic!!!! Mt. Wolf will not be able to handle the traffic as is! And many accidents already happen at the Food Lion, Rite Aid, Wawa triangle (intersection).

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm just wondering how the deal went through, without them having to do any road improvements to Mt. Wolf Rd, to handle all the incoming traffic!!!! Mt. Wolf will not be able to handle the traffic as is! And many accidents already happen at the Food Lion, Rite Aid, Wawa triangle (intersection).

Do you know this for a fact? Do you know how many times signs go up for a coming development and nothing happens? It happens more often than you think. Face it, homes and or apartments are going to be built in Mechanicsville/CH whether you like it or not. If the land is there, and the property is zoned for it and a developer comes in with his poop in group, you are going to get new neighbors. Look at it this way, with new housing you might be able to get a new fast food restaurant you all can go crazy about.

I don’t think Tommy was on the hook for improving the Mt Wolf rd intersection since it was upgraded with WaWa construction.

Starman

Do you know this for a fact? Do you know how many times signs go up for a coming development and nothing happens? It happens more often than you think. Face it, homes and or apartments are going to be built in Mechanicsville/CH whether you like it or not. If the land is there, and the property is zoned for it and a developer comes in with his poop in group, you are going to get new neighbors. Look at it this way, with new housing you might be able to get a new fast food restaurant you all can go crazy about.

I don’t think Tommy was on the hook for improving the Mt Wolf rd intersection since it was upgraded with WaWa construction.

No one wants development after they move into a new area.

mudpuddle

The sign has "Remax Realty" on it! So, to me this is legitimate. I don't mind them building the houses, I just mind that they will not be improving Mt. Wolf Rd, that at least I know of... :/

nutz

What, in your opinion, is wrong with Mt. Wolf Rd. that is not being addressed by the developer? Are you sure they aren't going to use Golden Beach rd. for access instead/ also?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Is the property being discussed the old tree farm that was back that way?

mudpuddle

What, in your opinion, is wrong with Mt. Wolf Rd. that is not being addressed by the developer? Are you sure they aren't going to use Golden Beach rd. for access instead/ also?

Mt. Wolf is only a narrow 2 lane rd...I really don't know how they could improve Mt. Wolf to handle the traffic. It can't be widened by much, if at all...I think if they had used both Mt Wolf AND Golden Beach, it would have made sense. And who could have complained, then? Not me!!!!

mudpuddle

Is the property being discussed the old tree farm that was back that way?

I'm not sure. The land goes pretty far in from Mt. Wolf....if you have a chance, go and check the sign. There is a "map" on it with the outline, although it is very difficult to read! Can not be read by driving by, you have to stop and get out of the car to read it!

Ken King

PREMO Member
I'm not sure. The land goes pretty far in from Mt. Wolf....if you have a chance, go and check the sign. There is a "map" on it with the outline, although it is very difficult to read! Can not be read by driving by, you have to stop and get out of the car to read it!

I'll get right on that. :lmao:

Ken King

PREMO Member
Just read about the development on the county page about the NORTH COUNTY TOWN CENTER PLAN, it seems the property is the Henderson farm property and from looking at the zoning maps it does not connect to Golden Beach Rd. which is zoned RMX, but surprisingly taxed as agricultural. You might want to voice your concerns to the county commissioners about the impact of traffic congestion on Mt. Wolf Rd. as they have the final say as to development projects.

mudpuddle

Just read about the development on the county page about the NORTH COUNTY TOWN CENTER PLAN, it seems the property is the Henderson farm property and from looking at the zoning maps it does not connect to Golden Beach Rd. which is zoned RMX, but surprisingly taxed as agricultural. You might want to voice your concerns to the county commissioners about the impact of traffic congestion on Mt. Wolf Rd. as they have the final say as to development projects.

Thank you so much for this valuable information!!! I definitely will voice my concerns with the county commissioners! I hope others will read this thread, and do the same....

May I use your response here, to the thread I posted in the first forum? I think this is incredibly important information!

Last edited: