Pennsylvania school wants to arm students with rocks

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Schools nationwide are debating President Trump’s call to arm teachers and security guards with guns – while one Pennsylvania school is getting attention for its last line of defense.

Blue Mountain School District Superintendent David Helsel made headlines recently after testifying to lawmakers at the state capitol that his students could be armed with rocks in case of an active shooter lockdown.

“Every classroom has been equipped with a five-gallon bucket of river stone,” Helsel told lawmakers. “If an armed intruder attempts to gain entrance into any of our classrooms, they will face a classroom full students armed with rocks and they will be stoned.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/2...-to-protect-them-against-active-shooters.html

I'm sorry... :lol:

Humbled

Laugh if you want, but I think it's a good option. Would you walk through a door, gun in hand or not, knowing at least half of those rocks will find their mark?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Laugh if you want, but I think it's a good option. Would you walk through a door, gun in hand or not, knowing at least half of those rocks will find their mark?

Somehow, I don't think that a bunch of frightened kids would have the MLB capacity to meet their mark. It's a good gesture, just not a viable option.

Hijinx

I cannot imagine many students standing ,looking down the barrel of a gun, especially one that has been fired once, and tossing rocks at the shooter.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I cannot imagine many students standing ,looking down the barrel of a gun, especially one that has been fired once, and tossing rocks at the shooter.

I can't imagine this being suggested with a straight face.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Helsel said another district had recommended using golf balls, but he didn’t like that idea because they would bounce around whereas the rocks are shaped in a way to hit and fall after being thrown.

This did make me :lol:

officeguy

Have we reached 'peak stupid' yet ?

Is it 'The Onion', 'Duffleblog' or possibly fake news from St Petersburg. No, it's a US school administration.

Tech

29676_01_lg.jpg
A stick to go with those stones.

black dog

Free America

Getting hit in the head with a rock or two most likely will exacerbate the situation at hand. A couple of 147 grain 9mm's to the head or center chest, will end the situation at hand.

BOP

"Everybody Must Get Stoned" - Bob Dylan cover by Blue Mountain School District Superintendent David Helsel

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Getting hit in the head with a rock or two most likely will exacerbate the situation at hand. A couple of 147 grain 9mm's to the head or center chest, will end the situation at hand.
Or a 200gr. .45acp.