Someone please tell me...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...why anyone would give a #### that Elon Must just deleted his SpaceX and Tesla Facebook pages?

This is trending and breaking news coming through my feed from every source.

???

Toxick

Splat
...why anyone would give a #### that Elon Must just deleted his SpaceX and Tesla Facebook pages?

This is trending and breaking news coming through my feed from every source.

???

Because next to Obama, Elon Musk is the smartest, wisest, most compassionate, charismatic scandal-free man in this history of personkind.

Actually some people watch the mini-feud (or rivalry, or bromance, or whatever the heck it is) between Musk and Zuckerberg with the same rapturous zeal that some people watch the Kardashians, or the British Royal Family.

Frankly it's all so much fluff as far as I'm concerned.
I prefer to direct my valuable attention at something more noteworthy and intellectual.

Like Professional Rassling and the Walking Dead.

PeoplesElbow

I can't believe real news organizations report on what someone did on social media or has written in a blog.

glhs837

Power with Control
The odd thing is that Musk didn't know that either of his two main companies had FB pages. Maybe not odd, because he's a Twitter guy, but since both of those companies are disruptive, they get more than their fair share of press. And so any story that combines them and FB will of course get a lot of press. Call it a huge public downvote for FB in most peoples minds. And since the medias on a frenzy for FB, it's blowing up the feeds.

Starman

And your suggestions are?

One or more that doesn't include non-news items like the disposition of these social media sites belonging to Elon Musk's business ventures, for example. Surely there are plenty, as this didn't come across my radar one single time today.

glhs837

Power with Control
One or more that doesn't include non-news items like the disposition of these social media sites belonging to Elon Musk's business ventures, for example. Surely there are plenty, as this didn't come across my radar one single time today.

So, I'll put you down for "I got nothing". Come'on, you cant say "Those suck, use others" without actually saying what those are. What, Pravda, RT, Bejiing Times, AlJazerra? Good Morning Azerbaijan?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So, I'll put you down for "I got nothing". Come'on, you cant say "Those suck, use others" without actually saying what those are. What, Pravda, RT, Bejiing Times, AlJazerra? Good Morning Azerbaijan?

You forgot the Onion.

glhs837

Power with Control
Didn't know that. I don't follow him or whatever it is he does. Mars?

Bit of a space geek, so I started paying attention to Space X, and I remember talking about the crazy billionaire who was gonna make money selling electric cars, "Roadsters", and telling my young engineer buddy that there was no way in hell he would make it to production....... let alone keep his company afloat. That would have been around 2005. Here we are 15 years later, and that company has sold over 300,000 vehicles. And stands to sell that many more of the consumer model within a few years/ And introduce a semi truck version that looks to upset transport in a huge way. Oh, and that compny also owns Solar City, and makes and deploys huge battery farms to help grids deal with fluctuations, and smaller verions called powerwalls to help homeowners do the same thing.

Also decided that we need to get humans living in space, get some of our species eggs out of this one fragile basket. Beginning with forming a company to build reusable rockets to drop the cost of launches. Did that. Reusable rockets are a thing now. Blowing Boeing and Lockheed out of the water with launch costs less than half of what they charge.

If you have ever read Heinlein or Dean Ing, he's a pretty good match for a lot of the protagonists in some of their writings. I was impressed enough that I bought some Tesla stock, knowing damn well it will lose me money short term. I'm fine with that.

Starman

I read the Financial Times, WSJ, Investors Business Daily, the Guardian -- print edition -- in the mornings. The Economist, National Review, and The American Spectator when they show up in my mailbox. Online, I scan AP and Reuters headlines. No Twitter, no Facebook, etc. I have a screen scraper bot that snags topics which interest me and shows me headlines and first paragraph. A few tech sites for tech news. Enterprise and Independent for local civic news. I'll read People magazine or Runner's World when at my doctor's office, and CNN or FOX News when at an airport. Not a whisper of Elon Musk and the disposition of his social media presence in any of these. If it's not covered in my regular intake, it's not worth knowing.

I don't have TV, but I catch NHK, France24, and SkyNews online (youtube Live or official online streams) for what's happening around the world.

glhs837

Power with Control
I read the Financial Times, WSJ, Investors Business Daily, the Guardian -- print edition -- in the mornings. The Economist, National Review, and The American Spectator when they show up in my mailbox. Online, I scan AP and Reuters headlines. No Twitter, no Facebook, etc. I have a screen scraper bot that snags topics which interest me and shows me headlines and first paragraph. A few tech sites for tech news. Enterprise and Independent for local civic news. I'll read People magazine or Runner's World when at my doctor's office, and CNN or FOX News when at an airport. Not a whisper of Elon Musk and the disposition of his social media presence in any of these. If it's not covered in my regular intake, it's not worth knowing.

I don't have TV, but I catch NHK, France24, and SkyNews online (youtube Live or official online streams) for what's happening around the world.

Now see, that wasnt so hard, and good choices all.