Fatal Fire in Loveville Claims Lives of 2 Children; 4 Injured

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Fatal Fire in Loveville Claims Lives of 2 Children; 4 Injured

Date: 03-27-2018 07:08 PM

Summary: Deputy State Fire Marshals are currently investigating the origin and cause of an early morning fatal house fire that claimed the lives of two children ages two- and three-years-old. The fire occurred at 28603 Point Lookout Road in Loveville.

Click here for the full story...

black dog

Free America
No working smoke detector.. How ####ing stupid are Autumn Bowles and Dawn Wilson. You can get free fire & smoke detectors.

mamaof1

I don't think there is any insult you can throw at them at this point that will ever replace the guilt and remorse that they will now live with for the rest of their lives.

Those poor babies. My heart goes out to all who loved them.

black dog

Free America
That was pretty cruel.

I'm the cruel one? My kid grew up in a home with smoke detectors.
Being a irresponsible parent and not providing a safe environment for your children is cruel. It should make us wonder if they are so irresponsible with not having smoke detectors in the home, what else was not taken care of with these children.
It's not like Maryland doesn't require working smoke detectors in homes.
20 bucks and these kids would be alive.. 20 bucks..

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
They couldn't even pay electricity bill for the house, obviouslythey were struggling, excuse no!!! Maybe it should have been the landlord whois probably a slum lord should have provided smoke alarms with battery's.

Midnightrider

Being a irresponsible parent and not providing a safe environment for your children is cruel. It should make us wonder if they are so irresponsible with not having smoke detectors in the home, what else was not taken care of with these children.
Two wrongs :yay:

Hijinx

They couldn't even pay electricity bill for the house, obviouslythey were struggling, excuse no!!! Maybe it should have been the landlord whois probably a slum lord should have provided smoke alarms with battery's.

Where was the fathers of these children? If we are going to start spreading blame, lets spread it all around.

MR47930

So you argue with me about a father leaving a gun laying around for his psycho kid to bring to school isn't the parents fault. "Being a irresponsible parent and not providing a safe environment for your children is cruel."

Do you just get to pick and choose what you deem irresponsible?

Last edited:

officeguy

Many local fire departments will come out and install smoke alarms in your home free of charge. There is a red cross program that furnishes the detectors, the fire department provides the labor to install them.

mitzi

I read they did have electricity. It was cut off from live wires from the fire. Also read the fire detector didn't have a battery in it. Took it out and forgot to replace it? We'll never know. Tragic no matter what the reason was.

Hijinx

I read they did have electricity. It was cut off from live wires from the fire. Also read the fire detector didn't have a battery in it. Took it out and forgot to replace it? We'll never know. Tragic no matter what the reason was.

Rumors abound. I heard today a Kerosene heater.

black dog

Free America
So you argue with me about a father leaving a gun laying around for his psycho kid to bring to school isn't the parents fault. "Being a irresponsible parent and not providing a safe environment for your children is cruel."

Do you just get to pick and choose what you deem irresponsible?

I believe I argued the fact that I grew up in a home that had unsecured firearms in it. We were taught by our single father that we were not to enter that cabinet nor his bedroom. It was that simple. We live in a country where tens of millions of homes have unsecured firearms in them and nary a problem. This horrible tragedy could have easily been avoided with 20 bucks worth of smoke detectors.
To think that in today's society to not have working smoke detectors in your home certainly is poor parenting skills and lots of poor choices made.
Hopefully the adults will hear the children screaming each time they fall asleep.

And I'm certainly entitled to my own opinion, Thank you.

Last edited:

officeguy

Sanctimonious jerk.

officeguy

Twenty Dollars..... Twenty ####ing dollars......

Possibly less than that. A call to the local fire station often gets you smoke detectors for free. Just earlier today I installed a set in the home of an older couple in our community. Those 10 year sealed units replaced a 70s vintage non-working hardwired system.

I'm willing to bet that you have working smoke detectors in your residence..

Sure do. Each bedroom has a detector, each floor in addition a combination smoke/CO detector. All wired together and equipped with voice chips. It's a bit more than than $20....

But my life circumstances are very different from those of the two ladies in that small home in Loveville.

black dog

Free America
Possibly less than that. A call to the local fire station often gets you smoke detectors for free. Just earlier today I installed a set in the home of an older couple in our community. Those 10 year sealed units replaced a 70s vintage non-working hardwired system.

Sure do. Each bedroom has a detector, each floor in addition a combination smoke/CO detector. All wired together and equipped with voice chips. It's a bit more than than $20....

But my life circumstances are very different from those of the two ladies in that small home in Loveville.

Poor personal decisions put them in and kept them in that predicament.
If someone doesn't make enough money, get a second job. If that's not enough get a third job.
Walmart sells Kidde Fyrewatch 0913 Smoke Alarms for 6.44 cents each with pickup at the store. So yeah, 20 bucks would have put 3 in that home.. certainly three POS detectors are better than none, and most likely the children would be alive today.

Hijinx

If someone doesn't make enough money, get a second job. If that's not enough get a third job.
Walmart sells Kidde Fyrewatch 0913 Smoke Alarms for 6.44 cents each with pickup at the store. So yeah, 20 bucks would have put 3 in that home.. certainly three POS detectors are better than none, and most likely the children would be alive today.

This is a bit like the Parkland shooting where criticism draws fire.
The TV said one lady was out walking with a friend at 4:30 in the morning.
Not many of us do that, and it was a bit cool for walking, but WTH, it's a free country.
Where did the friend disappear to?
Where were the fathers to these 4 kids?
What support were they giving toward the bills?

I have more questions , but someone will call me bad names. Forget my asking.
This was a bad tragedy,but there were circumstances and bad decisions that led up to it.

Hard to argue against that statement.